• Console style

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Wrist Mount

Votes: 157 74.4%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But I believe most rescue divers will retrieve your gear, if possible, for informational/forensic purposes. I know that some reports that I have read include max depth, air in cylinder, location, position, etc.

Any rescue/recovery pro's out there that can lend more info?

yknot once bubbled...
Original post is comparing Cobra to Vyper- Cobra can only be console mounted because it is AI. Vypers can be wrist or console. You could always get the Vyper as a console mount with the SPG and try it. If you think wrist mount is better it only costs an additional $20 for the wrist mount and it takes all of 5 minutes to change it yourself. Remeber that with any type of AI wrist mount you will need the additional and expensive wireless transmitter.

When I am diving locally, I just use my Cobra, clipped closely to my BCD. When I am videoing or diving away without my boys, I take my oldest Vyper out of his console and put it in the wrist mount.

It more convenient to see depth etc... when I am videoing and its a backup should the Cobra 'bite it' (pun intended).

Otter

P.S. My next computer will be a Vytek once I can find an affordable price.

I have a console computer (SmartCOM) but now waiting for a replacement due to UWATEC's recall.

My SmartCOM halted once just after ending a dive, no violation of any decompression stop or obligation, stopped responding to all the button combinations I can give. Finally, after detached & attached it and re-engaged the tank, it was revived.

I'm seriously considering to switch to AI wrist-mounted one PLUS a tranditional gauge for backup.

Am I worrying too much?

Well, since I started this poll way back when, I've got myself a Vyper with the console boot and the wrist strap, and I prefer to have it wrist mounted. I may just keep this Vyper as a backup and pick up a wireless Vytec if I can scrounge up the cash for one.

Allen, if at all possible you retrieve the victims computer if nothing else providing it doesnt put you in jeopardy. It should be sent with the victim to the Hyyperbaric facility or hospital if the victim is alive. If not then the investigating authorities.
Bill

wrist mount much better

I prefer the wrist mount. It is easier to get to the info I need when I need it. Just my opinion.

Always wrist mounted.
In case I need to use my hands, I don't need to grab the console, and the computer (and everything elese I need to check, except the SPG) i in my hands.

And also, as someone said before"I'll just at that out of the water, it's far more convenient to work with your computer if it's NOT attached to your regulator!"

Back
Top Bottom