Considering relocating to NC...lots of questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this weekend i am headed out to megladon ledge to look for fossil shark teeth and whale bones.

I will be out there on Sunday with Aquatic Safaris. Good hunting.

new bern is a lovely place - i lived there several years. wilmington is lovely, too, and i second the 'slightly more modern/college culture' thought. both are close enough to good diving. and when the offshore diving is good, it is VERY VERY good! but there are lots of days of blow-outs, and the offshore sites are a long-ass boat ride out, and it is a bit expensive. which is why there's a big cave diver contingent among die-hard divers here - for the same money as an offshore weekend, you can do a week of cave diving, and while caves certainly blow out, it's not a big surprise when it happens. come on over, the water's fine!

Wow, thanks everyone! The more research I do, the more this area is bubbling up to the top. I still have some things to wrap up, but I'm thinking I'll be heading to the area in a few months. Not sure yet if I'll land in the north or south, but the whole region appears to be a great place to live. Once I'm there, you can be sure I'll be back on this board looking for dive buddies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom