Considering Liveaboard in December, questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Aggressor Fleet is offering their anniversary sale right now, but you have to book now and travel by end of April:
Aggressor Fleet's 34th Anniversary - 34% OFF - Book before 11/24!

I wish there sale was good a bit longer :(. My vacations for the rest of this year are planned ans I generally don't get another vacation until Memorial Day, which is after the sale dates.

I agree! There have been some changes to the Aggressor Anniversary Sale this year. In the past, you had a few weeks to book during February - and that gave you a bit more time to plan upcoming trips, but you could book trips anytime during the rest of the year.

This year, you have to make your plans earlier and the available weeks are much more limited.

Here is information about the 2017 anniversary sale last year and you can see the differences:
Limited Time Offer: Save 33% on all Aggressor Liveaboards

One good thing this year is that customers will now have the opportunity to use the sale during the peak season in the Caribbean of January through April, but that will severely restrict opportunities to dive the Turks and Caicos Aggressor, because that vessel offers whale-watching tours to the Silver Banks from mid-Jan to the end of March.

But 34% is a great deal if you can make the dates work for you.

The funny thing is that I cannot find the 34% Anniversary Sale listed anywhere on the Aggressor's own web site or on their social media sites. But the sale is all over some of the secondary dive trip booking sites like Divebooker and Diviac, and they all seem to have the same information. But it is not listed by all of the dive booking sites, I can't find it on the Caradonna site.

I wonder what's going on?

Last edited:
I got an email from Aggressor with the anniversary special saying that they were releasing it to resellers before releasing to the general public. I am not sure why they sent it to me as i am not a reseller but i think that is why it is not on their site yet

I got an email from Aggressor with the anniversary special saying that they were releasing it to resellers before releasing to the general public. I am not sure why they sent it to me as i am not a reseller but i think that is why it is not on their site yet

That explains it, thanks! Caradonna is behind the curve, they will lose the opportunity if they don't start advertising it soon!

Maybe the Aggressor will expand the booking time and offer more date options when they finally announce it on their own site? Probably not, but we can hope!

That explains it, thanks! Caradonna is behind the curve, they will lose the opportunity if they don't start advertising it soon!

Maybe the Aggressor will expand the booking time and offer more date options when they finally announce it on their own site? Probably not, but we can hope!
So it sounds like we have to wait a little bit before Aggressor releases these deals on their own site? If I were to go, I'd much rather book everything through them and not a third party. Mainly because in the event I have questions or something goes wrong.

So it sounds like we have to wait a little bit before Aggressor releases these deals on their own site? If I were to go, I'd much rather book everything through them and not a third party. Mainly because in the event I have questions or something goes wrong.

I agree, but it sounds like some of the weeks are filling up fast, and the Belize Aggressor IV is already booked during the sale dates.

<<distance to the Caribbean>> giving away something there! :) As I mentioned it's surprisingly expensive for me to get to the Caribbean from California. It's all about frequently traveled routes. I have flown all the way to Indonesia for $750, but getting to the Caribbean can cost me $1000 or more between getting to the East Coast and then beyond. At the same time, flying to Palau (lHawaii-Guam-Palau; closer than Indo) can be $2500 from the West Coast nowadays. Prices to the Phillipines are probably reasonably cheap. .

For lurkers benefit, as well as scbaNE2179, you could get very cheap in Asia. Certainly something serviceable particularly if you are willing to live like the locals like in food (which I like to do but can only go so low) but also quality down to lower than you would want to go down to dangerous.

Also mention the mystifying "single supplement". No, you don't HAVE to pay it if going solo. I've had more than one boat work out to my own room for the double occupancy price. Spent most of the Fiji trip hanging out with crew and their kava. Since my idea of great location is one where the phone stops working when you leave the dock and the TV is only for the dive video you took today, toughest part can be leaving what's actually important in life to readjust to the real world.

Naming other spots to recommend, besides Palau, and Raja Ampat and Komodo as mentioned above, are Fiji and Solomon Islands. Tahiti is close but not many liveaboards. Expensive to get to.

Owner of a liveaboard here: We have some fantastic last minute specials for trips in December this year in Solomon Islands. Only a few spots left but the deals are amazing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom