Considering a wrist dump... really!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my Bare ATR HD with the forearm dump on it. Since I've never dove with a shoulder or upper arm dump I couldn't say which is "best", but the forearm position allows dumping of gas if needed without getting out of horiz position and just seems more intuitive to me.

What did you guys do the Dive Concepts site? It wouldn't come up for me.:D :confused:

C'mon - its just PNW. How cold can it be, really?

Already taken care of. My pals at at DUI tell me no worries. They'll get it tomorrow AM, that's 5 working days before they need to ship to me - no brainer.

Of course, I'll be cutting the seal Thursday night when I see you - how steady are you with a pair of shears? :)

I have a double backup in case of failure. Just a hassle before a blessing, my friend. Its all good.

K

I use a cuff dump on my suit and quite happy with it.

The dump is maybe 2 inches or more up from my wrist so whatevers on below that (computer, compass whatever) doesnt interfere with it.

Dumping is simply a case of raising the arm slightly.

The only thing to get used to is if signalling/pointing/grabbing try and use the other hand as it can be prone to dumping if you accidentally raise the arm.

Occasionally my undersuit blocks air exit from the thing but just shaking my arm gently clears that problem.

Mine does leak slightly resulting in a wet sleeve which apparently is fairly common. It apparently is also common with auto dumps, anything dumping air seems to let a bit of water in.

Back
Top Bottom