Considering a purchase but need advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frackingawesome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have only ever used ScubaPro and I dont intend on switching but a friend of mine is getting into diving and he found the attached image for sale. I was wondering what the collective wisdom on the items in the photo are.

I used a zoop years ago and it was ok for a basic computer but i have no experience with the regulators...

What should we watch out for, does the gear have any known issues?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 142
pretty bullet proof

That AL Titan is an old stallworth. I also like that you can work on it yourself if you choose.

If it all works OK and price is good allowing for servicing that gets your friend going nicely.

Pay special attention to the sides and front of the 2nd Stage, where the rubber cover loops over the plastic body. That sees plenty of flexing and bending during removal for service. Other than that it's a pretty bullet proof reg set.

Some Zoops have depth sensor issues, but if it fires up and goes into dive mode without issue then it's probably fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom