Considering a new computer

Which Dive computer would you recommend

• Cressi Console Giotto 3

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Cressi Console Leonardo 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's exactly what I did!
I started with the Giotto, then I've decided to go into tec diving, therefore I got the Perdix (and the Giotto is my back up computer, which you'll need fot tec) :D

I think I am leaning towards the Giotto as well. I think I like the 3 button feature and from what I have read between the two of them or on a list of the top 10 entry level computers, the Giotto sits above the Leonardo and is more in the middle of the group for the price. There is so much to consider when making this, its not only the unit itself but the tech support should you need it. I appreciate the time you took to reply to my question.

I think I am leaning towards the Giotto as well. I think I like the 3 button feature and from what I have read between the two of them or on a list of the top 10 entry level computers, the Giotto sits above the Leonardo and is more in the middle of the group for the price. There is so much to consider when making this, its not only the unit itself but the tech support should you need it. I appreciate the time you took to reply to my question.
You won't be disappointed! :wink:

...just remember to set the SF to 0

I think I am leaning towards the Giotto as well. I think I like the 3 button feature and from what I have read between the two of them or on a list of the top 10 entry level computers, the Giotto sits above the Leonardo and is more in the middle of the group for the price. There is so much to consider when making this, its not only the unit itself but the tech support should you need it.

I received a reply from Cressi tech. support once, I gather I am the exception that reaffirms the rule. That said, both are pretty "mature" products will low probability of developing problems during support period.

Three buttons are handy if you press them a lot, like diving a different mix every time as @tridacna said. I touch my Leonardo's button once per trip to set local time (when i remember) and once a day when downloading the logs. One button doesn't bother me in the slightest, to me 3 ain't worth an extra dime.

I received a reply from Cressi tech. support once, I gather I am the exception that reaffirms the rule. That said, both are pretty "mature" products will low probability of developing problems during support period.

Three buttons are handy if you press them a lot, like diving a different mix every time as @tridacna said. I touch my Leonardo's button once per trip to set local time (when i remember) and once a day when downloading the logs. One button doesn't bother me in the slightest, to me 3 ain't worth an extra dime.

Thanks for your reply. I don't plan on pressing buttons a lot. I just know from previous experiences with one button devices (Not Dive Computers) of the lack of safety of stuff. like click once to change screens, once to reset etc. with multiple buttons I think its safer (personal preference) how ever this might not be the case with the Leonardo. I want to see and test all models that I am considering before I purchase.

Back
Top Bottom