Considering a move to NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well after a year - My wife and I are back to looking at this move. We may end up living real close to the new topsail inlet with the boat a few miles from the inlet in a marina close to where we want to build.

Might be looking for rec and more specifially tech divers all over so I dont skip a beat with the diving?

BTW - how is the diving in that area? For the record, Im not afraid to run 40-90 miles for a great wreck if need be. We do it all the time. Sure closer to the inlet is better but I have basically any range I want and the boat is rigged for comfortable extended trips are sea.

New Topsail inlet puts you about 20 nautical miles from Wrightsville Beach and about 40 from Moorehead.
So 40-90 puts you within range of any of the stuff that they go to out of Wrightsville Beach. It also puts you within range of the southern part of what the go to out of Moorehead.
Note http://www.nc-wreckdiving.com/shipwrecks.html but not a high resolution map. There are some that are off of Topsail that you might have a shorter run to.

Yeah you're kind of in between as far as the diving goes. I live up in the Morehead area, my brother lives more down that way in Hampstead. He post on here every now and again. Either way, some really good wreck diving out of both locations. Both of us are always looking to do more diving.

Pretty good fishing. Mahi should be getting ready to make a run soon. Are you more into trolling or bottom fishing?

All kinds of fishing. Trolling you are talking sailfish, blue and white marlin, lots of yellowfin tuna, some bluefin depending on the season not to mention dolphin, kings, wahoo. There are a lot of fishing boats that run out all along the coast. Bottom fishing you have grouper and the other usual stuff. If you are diving you can pick up some lobster (Caribbean type).

Well after a year - My wife and I are back to looking at this move. We may end up living real close to the new topsail inlet with the boat a few miles from the inlet in a marina close to where we want to build.

Might be looking for rec and more specifially tech divers all over so I dont skip a beat with the diving?

BTW - how is the diving in that area? For the record, Im not afraid to run 40-90 miles for a great wreck if need be. We do it all the time. Sure closer to the inlet is better but I have basically any range I want and the boat is rigged for comfortable extended trips are sea.

Dear Mr Yunk,
Let me start of by saying your last name is very funny. But these thought of moving and abandoning your crew are not. First of all think of the babies.....little Kev and cute little Ryan....they'd be lost without you. Never mind the rest....the lobster whisperer, big bad Bill, Tony the handsome, The Poacher, Sling Blade, how will we... I mean they, continue on without you? I don't know you but I heard rumors that you will never dive deeper then 130' or a RB, but there are (what was that number I heard quoted) 1000's?? to keep you busy here. What in the way of wrecks does N.C. have? And if you get board with ocean diving there deep mine diving. I'm sure at the next secret crew meeting this topic of treason will be brought up and proper measures will be taken. Remember what goes on a sea stays at sea.
Your truly,
Scuba Steve

Dear Mr Yunk,
Let me start of by saying your last name is very funny. But these thought of moving and abandoning your crew are not. First of all think of the babies.....little Kev and cute little Ryan....they'd be lost without you. Never mind the rest....the lobster whisperer, big bad Bill, Tony the handsome, The Poacher, Sling Blade, how will we... I mean they, continue on without you? I don't know you but I heard rumors that you will never dive deeper then 130' or a RB, but there are (what was that number I heard quoted) 1000's?? to keep you busy here. What in the way of wrecks does N.C. have? And if you get board with ocean diving there deep mine diving. I'm sure at the next secret crew meeting this topic of treason will be brought up and proper measures will be taken. Remember what goes on a sea stays at sea.
Your truly,
Scuba Steve

LOL....This is hilarious but when did we change weird tony's nickname?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom