considering a double hose reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't use a banjo on my Themo convertible valves but I have noticed an issue. If you tighten the inserts they will cock in the threads and not be perfectly square to the back of the valve causing erratic yoke connections. The solution is to insert the long end of the key into the insert and use only your thumb and forefinger to tighten while holding the short leg. In other words, tighten lightly. This lets the O-ring square up in the valve without wracking.

I can imagine in a stacking arrangement such as the banjo application that this would be highlighted. It may be that even with careful seating the tolerance stack-up challenges the banjo seating.

Pete

Naw....
The only chalenge is with Genesis valves.

Like mattboy recommended, I currently use a banjo fitting, 3 way hookah splitter, and 2-90 degree swivels on my RAM and they work great. I plan on getting a phoenix nozzle for my DA when they become available from VDH. So in the mean time if you just plan on getting a DA or RAM, Piranha Dive Manufacturing has 90deg. fittings for $13.00 and 3 way splitters for $15.00. That's a good price until you decide to go with a phoenix later. Just my 2 cents worth.

Everyone should have a gat. Some yoke valves and regs just don't marry. Committing USD sacrilege, I've always used valves with a hp port. I like Dacor with my Duomat. Only safe second is the Fenzy or Spiro and thats not much safe. Would have been nice if USD made a valve with a port. VSS has nice 2&3 ways for cheap and they look good.

Everyone should have a gat. Some yoke valves and regs just don't marry. Committing USD sacrilege, I've always used valves with a hp port. I like Dacor with my Duomat. Only safe second is the Fenzy or Spiro and thats not much safe. Would have been nice if USD made a valve with a port. VSS has nice 2&3 ways for cheap and they look good.

USD did make a valve with a port, I have one. They just aren't that common.

Captain. Which one is it please? Which year, config? Cheers.

Here is the common DACOR on the left and the USD on the right. The port at 90 degrees in line and opposite of the knob is the SPG port. The blow out plug is on the back
KValves.jpg

Captain. Which one is it please? Which year, config? Cheers.

Gilldiver beat me to posting a picture. As far as dates I really have no idea.

thanks for all your advice. I am going to try out some of herman's regs at the local quarry to ensure I like the hole double hose thing, and if all goes well, I think I am going to go with a DAAM and then possibly upgrade with the pheonix in the future

Thank you gentlemen. I only have USD Js however, now no tut tutting on double manifolds a 90 deg adapter could be utilised on the end where the do not remove plug is????. No it couldn't because it would be constantly pressurized. I think a banjo is a good idea. In future I shall endeavor to speak before typing. Cheers. By the way, in my second sentence replace (only) with (am fortunate enough to).
Scotttyd Go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom