Consideration for first set of doubles regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@mac64 , you've got a somewhat unique perspective, having started diving way back when. Now I can see why you take some of the positions you do on various subjects.

Seems like there has been zero improvement in technology since he started diving. It is a kin to a doctor today saying "We gonna amputate this leg cause he got a cut. Well I mean that's the way we been doing it since the Civil War, why change anything?"

Just because you have been doing something forever, doesn't make it the best way to do it.

Just because you have been doing something forever, doesn't make it the best way to do it.
Of course. All I said was that I can see where he's coming from. Many of us would change with the times, but I don't expect everyone to change what they're doing every time there is an advance in the technology.

Of course. All I said was that I can see where he's coming from. Many of us would change with the times, but I don't expect everyone to change what they're doing every time there is an advance in the technology.
That wasn't directed at you. It was simply an observation that times do change and there are often better ways to do things. The mantra of "I have always done it this way" carries very little weight with me.

The mantra of "I have always done it this way" carries very little weight with me.
Me, neither. I'd like to believe newer divers who come across discussions like this one have enough sense not to give any weight to "I have always done it this way" in deciding how to do something. But at the same time I understand and try not to criticize those who are doing it their same old way.

Me, neither. I'd like to believe newer divers who come across discussions like this one have enough sense not to give any weight to "I have always done it this way" in deciding how to do something. But at the same time I understand and try not to criticize those who are doing it their same old way.
Yes grasshopper

Photo of my old scubapro second stages, I worked deep on air with them and they worked flawlessly, my G250,s are good but not better and definitely not as tough. If I see something that genuinely improves my configuration I'll use it but won't buy into hype and sales talk.

Attachments

• 20220426_160816.jpg
    20220426_160816.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 52
@mac64 , you've got a somewhat unique perspective, having started diving way back when. Now I can see why you take some of the positions you do on various subjects.
I think if something isn't broke, don't fix it. But I service and maintain all my own gear.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom