Conshelf variant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing flimsy about that yoke although it is different from all the one I have seen for conshelf. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Thanks, just looked very skinny as compared to my conshelf and other yokes I have. There is no number stamped on it.

Rebuilt it using a conshelf service kit, ip shot way over 180. The seat is taller, the spring block is different and there is no washer on the main spring. I'm going to rebuild it using all conshelf internal parts and see what happens, might get lucky.

Not sure if you are doing this or not but I'll throw it out there. The springs on the overseas USD regulators are in metric wire gauge and don't mix and match well with the springs you would get in a service kit for the US manufactured regulators as it can alter the spring rate. I learned this the hard way when working on some Kawasaki regulators. Eyeballing it they looked identical but when I put a mic to them there was a difference and I didn't find this out till I was trying to setup the regulator and couldn't get the IP to lockup.
The updated crown block using the latest one piece backup washer will work best.

Thanks Bryan. I'm hoping it's my mixing and matching that is causing the issue. I'm going to replace everything, springs, block etc etc with new conshelf parts and see if a total swap out fixed things. If not then I'll assume the body is the issue in which case I have a paper weight. My feeling is it's a long shot but curiosity has gotten the better of me. I'm not sure what Nihon Aqualung KK where trying to achieve when they came out with their odd ball regs.

Don't forget about changing the tiny O-ring in the spring block the Teflon backup washer goes in before the O-ring. The spring block is where the disc stem fits into. It's not disassembled in your picture.

Don't forget about changing the tiny O-ring in the spring block the Teflon backup washer goes in before the O-ring. The spring block is where the disc stem fits into. It's not disassembled in your picture.

No, but both were replaced when I rebuilt using new service kit.

@buddhasummer....came across this thread and was just wondering how the story ended. Did a complete swap out with Conshelf internals fix the IP issue?

-Z

@buddhasummer....came across this thread and was just wondering how the story ended. Did a complete swap out with Conshelf internals fix the IP issue?

-Z
I don't recall outcome at all but I do know I no longer own it so guess I either gave up or on sold it 🤷‍♂️ 2017 a lifetime ago and thousands of benzos ago, no idea🙇

• Sadness
Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom