Conshelf variant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone know what model this is? and is it worth buying, it's going cheap, like $10. Has two hp ports and nice lp hose routing. Of course could have odd port sizes. Cheers.

IMG_3938.JPG
IMG_3939.JPG
IMG_3940.JPG

I've never seen that version of a Conshelf before. I'm assuming another set of 3x ports on the other side. Unusual style of yoke too. Yes, you should definitely get it for your collection.

Cheers, Yes, I will. Looks like two HP ports from the photo. Guess I'll find out in a few days.

Excellent. Give us a full report. Hopefully someone will identify it in the meantime.

Could be another made in Japan only Nihon US Divers like the Sea Frontier. I'm very interested in seeing it close up, hopefully no one drives the price up too high. Hose routing looks friendlier than a conshelf.

Looks like the spring retainer could be a "coarse thread" one? Other than that the rest is completely different from any Conshelf first stage I've seen, is it possible to read the text below the aqualung symbol on the yoke screw cap?

Though hard to make out from the photo I'm pretty sure it's Kanji, which makes me believe it's another Japan made US Divers reg. I'm gonna get it as am pretty curious.

After some more research it looks like another product out of Nihon Aqualung KK. They made some odd stuff like a piston first stage paired with a SeaFrontier 7J. Bringing them back to life could be near impossible unless I can find alternate parts as actual KK parts are no longer available it seems. Hoping internally it's a conshelf in a different jacket.

Saw this on the auction site earlier this morning and had just the same thing in mind. Luckily I checked back here as I remembered seeing something similar. Will pass on this and go for the other interesting-looking Sea Frontier instead. It has only one LP port and HP port which I think is similar to the older US Divers models (Calypso etc.). A friend of mine who is a commercial diver might make good use of it since he mostly dive with a second stage and SPG without the need of additional ports.

Saw this on the auction site earlier this morning and had just the same thing in mind. Luckily I checked back here as I remembered seeing something similar. Will pass on this and go for the other interesting-looking Sea Frontier instead. It has only one LP port and HP port which I think is similar to the older US Divers models (Calypso etc.). A friend of mine who is a commercial diver might make good use of it since he mostly dive with a second stage and SPG without the need of additional ports.

Think I outbid you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom