Question Conshelf Supreme Grease instead of Oil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being down south, I assume you don't dive cold water so why not just remove the sealing diaphragm and dive it without one....no reason not to. As I understand it, you can also swap off the spring retainer area parts from an earlier Titan and use it's dry seal system instead.
Absolutely an option (and it's what I'm doing for one of my buddies and his girlfriend that both just learned).... I'm doing this partly because I can, and partly to make it a little easier to rinse after salt water dives. I hate trying to get rinse water through the slot on the spring adjuster!

That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... I assembled everything but the spring/adjuster/enviro cap pieces, and filled the cavity with Molykote 111. When I put the spring pad on I took care to put a touch of grease on the diaphragm side and to fill the small hole in it with grease, and when I filled the cavity I used a syringe so I could fill under the ledges and then from the bottom up.... 90% sure I got all the air out. Then I sunk in the spring and adjuster, set the IP, cleaned up the excess grease and put the seal on taking care to dimple it down so the center contacted the grease first and drove the air bubbles out the edges. Finished with a printed seal retainer so there's no mistaking which one is a test bed.
I introduce to you the Conshelf Grease Supreme:
IMG_20220120_130543691_HDR.jpgIMG_20220120_130739594.jpgIMG_20220120_131028990_HDR.jpgIMG_20220120_133016485_HDR.jpgIMG_20220120_133010383_HDR.jpgIMG_20220120_134436621_HDR.jpg

This will now be my primary first stage until I have some hours on it and pop the enviro seal to check for any sign of leakage.

Respectfully,

James

That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... I assembled everything but the spring/adjuster/enviro cap pieces, and filled the cavity with Molykote 111. When I put the spring pad on I took care to put a touch of grease on the diaphragm side and to fill the small hole in it with grease, and when I filled the cavity I used a syringe so I could fill under the ledges and then from the bottom up.... 90% sure I got all the air out. Then I sunk in the spring and adjuster, set the IP, cleaned up the excess grease and put the seal on taking care to dimple it down so the center contacted the grease first and drove the air bubbles out the edges. Finished with a printed seal retainer so there's no mistaking which one is a test bed.
I introduce to you the Conshelf Grease Supreme:
View attachment 701731View attachment 701735View attachment 701734View attachment 701732View attachment 701733View attachment 701730

This will now be my primary first stage until I have some hours on it and pop the enviro seal to check for any sign of leakage.

Respectfully,

James
Way cool James, that cover is cool

I want to get another hour or two on it then I will pull the cap and check for water intrusion.... so far, though, uneventful as expected.

Being down south, I assume you don't dive cold water so why not just remove the sealing diaphragm and dive it without one....no reason not to. As I understand it, you can also swap off the spring retainer area parts from an earlier Titan and use it's dry seal system instead.
Those early Titan dry seal kits are now NLA, which is a bummer. I don't recall for sure but I think end cap is NLA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom