Question Conshelf Supreme conversion to dry kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sensorone

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it possible to convert a Conshelf XIV Supreme to a dry chamber version? I have a nice Supreme but the seal is gone and I don't want to mess with the oil anyway. Is there a way to convert it to dry? I don't dive in cold water just want it for keeping it clean.

yes it is possible, you need conshelf dry environmental conversion kit P/N 100525

its not easy to find a complete kit though. the other option is to cannabalize one off a Cousteau/SEA supreme or titan surpreme which shares the same parts, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense because you could just dive the cousteau/sea or titan instead.

That confirms everything I have found also. The hunt is on I guess. Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to convert a Conshelf XIV Supreme to a dry chamber version? I have a nice Supreme but the seal is gone and I don't want to mess with the oil anyway. Is there a way to convert it to dry? I don't dive in cold water just want it for keeping it clean.

Bear in mind that adding a dry chamber will also affect the cosmetic appearance of your Conshelf.

All the Titan/Cousteau/SEA/Conshelf dry chambers I have seen are matte satin chrome, and the Conshelf is highly polished chrome. The dry chamber’s finish didn’t even match the body finish on the Titan Supreme.

Personally, I don’t see the need for a dry chamber on a diaphragm regulator. The diaphragm already creates an environmental seal for all moving parts.

And with the dry environmental chambers, you sacrifice the ability to quickly adjust the IP without first having to disassemble the chamber and then reassemble, bearing in mind that incorrect reassembly will affect IP.

Leave the oil chamber unfilled as a heat exchanger. Or add your favourite flavour of Jello to Vodka and use the jelly instead. It may be appreciated after a cold dive too.

Unless you are a cold water diver I see little point in sealing the ambient chamber of a diaphgam regulator. Nothing of consequence is exposed to seawater. It just adds weight and size to the first stage. Those kits are hard to find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom