Conshelf SE2 Dates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The new Legend first stage looks like the Apeks inside, according to the exploded diagrams I've seen.

Last edited:
Gilldiver, does the newest Titan XL with the funky first still use the same kit? Just curious. My Titan XL has the older cone shaped first and I do use the same parts in it as in my RAM(s) and Conshelf XII set.

Despite assertions by another person, the Legend does use a different kit, or at least the rebuild kit I bought for my wife's Legend has some different parts, and some that are the same, lol.

N

I don’t have the diagram for the newest legend, but all the diaphragm first stage Aqua Lung regulators (as recent as two years ago) used the same seat and balancing chamber O-rings. That includes the newest Titan LX. The part number was the same (for the seat and balancing chamber O-ring) in all the recent the diagrams that I have. I think that I downloaded those diagrams from VDH, so you can check it.

In the newer regulators, the outside of the balancing chamber is different (it doesn’t require the small spring to hold it in place), but the replaceable parts have not changed since the 1965 RAM.

I do like the design of the new Titan. It follows the design of some regulators Aqua Lung had in the 90’s. I think one of the models was the SEA. This design actually makes it easier to service the regulator, but it still uses the same service kits.

I never had any real problems servicing the Conshelf, but using an assembly tool made it a lot easier. I serviced many Conshelf without the assembly tool. The new Titan doesn’t need the assembly tool.

I don’t have the diagram for the newest legend, but all the diaphragm first stage Aqua Lung regulators (as recent as two years ago) used the same seat and balancing chamber O-rings. That includes the newest Titan LX. The part number was the same (for the seat and balancing chamber O-ring) in all the recent the diagrams that I have. I think that I downloaded those diagrams from VDH, so you can check it.

In the newer regulators, the outside of the balancing chamber is different (it doesn’t require the small spring to hold it in place), but the replaceable parts have not changed since the 1965 RAM.

I do like the design of the new Titan. It follows the design of some regulators Aqua Lung had in the 90’s. I think one of the models was the SEA. This design actually makes it easier to service the regulator, but it still uses the same service kits.

I never had any real problems servicing the Conshelf, but using an assembly tool made it a lot easier. I serviced many Conshelf without the assembly tool. The new Titan doesn’t need the assembly tool.

Good to know Luis, the fewer different parts kits to keep on hand the better.

N

The HP seat in that diagram is the same as the Royal Aqua Master, the Conshelf, the Titan, etc. I remember checking and the SEA, the Micron, and the Kronos also use the same HP seat.

The part number for the HP seat is 105940.

The balancing chamber O-ring is 820080
The O-ring is the same as a -006, I normally use Buna-N, 70 durometer, McMaster-Carr part number 1879T12 (but a 90 durometer would also work well).

The O-ring back –up ring can be one of the following:
828005 Back-up Ring, White, Split, Military
119129 Back-up Ring, Black, Non-Split

For the back-up ring, I prefer the black (non-split) hard rubber type (119129). It seems to be the same as McMaster-Carr, part number 5288T112 (Buna-N Backup Ring for Use with AS568A Dash Number 006).

You can also get all these parts as service kits from VDH:
http://vintagedoublehose.com/index....category=0&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

Last edited:
Where the heck is beaverdiver, declaring that SP is much better and we should by from him? :D

Where the heck is beaverdiver, declaring that SP is much better and we should by from him? :D

Well, if he wants to sell me a couple of those A700s for what I picked up my last Conshelf 14's for off ebay then I welcome him into the coversation.

:)

Back
Top Bottom