Conshelf 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve858

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm just wondering if there is a special version or year of these that are worth alot. I've seen some on here going for $$$ and have seen some locally for a lot less. They look identical to me but I'm no expert. I've seen both new in box and very lightly used offered in the past week.

The later seconds had the plug on the side opposite the inlet making them easier to adjust. I believe these were called the 14 not the XIV. There may be some differences in the 1st stage but am not sure, the specs, size and number if ports, on the Conshelf 14/XIV 1st stages tends to be a little fluid depending on when it was made.
The newer ones bring a better price as does condition. I believe they are still available new but the price is high.

Claymore is correct. Fluid filled is an optional model.

I think the side port ones (14) and first stages (14/21/22) with 3x 3/8 LP and 1x 7/16 HP are worth more. As was pointed out above good condition will add to the price. I've picked up older second stages for $20-30 and older firsts for similar. I have a complete project set, earlier models, no side port and all 3/8 ports but do have a new 3/8>7/16 hp port adapter, two seconds and a first, for sale with rechromed face plates, new service kits, new decals, new exhaust Ts etc, will include second stage tools (bent screw driver and wrench). If anyone's interested feel free to message me.

Last edited:
For me it's essential that my main Conshelf have 4x LP ports, need all 4 with a drysuit. So that makes that model more valuable to me.

BTW, I just converted a HOG D1 to yoke, and compared it side by side to a Conshelf. IMHO the Conshelf has the best single tank hose routing of any regulator I've encountered, and doesn't need a swivel turret to do it.

Conshelf XIV's are the best regulators ever made for typical recreational diving period, end of discussion. The close second would be the AMF Swimaster with the venturi assist second stage - Now the Mares Abyss. This is all very subjective though. Your results may vary.

Just noticed an error in my post above I meant to say the 14/21/22 all have 4x 3/8 LP ports, I wrote they had 3, my mistake sorry.

Just noticed an error in my post above I meant to say the 14/21/22 all have 4x 3/8 LP ports, I wrote they had 3, my mistake sorry.
Okay, now you're banned from the Regulators forum.:)

FYI- fluid filled Conshelf 14 was called the Conshelf Supreme. The AMF Swimaster MR 12 II was the venturi assisted 2nd stage. The late 70-80's US Divers regulators started their serial numers with the year they were made.

So what is the difference between the Conshelf 12 and 14? I recently purchased the 12 but I don't seem to find a lot of discussion about it... Aesthetically they look almost identical except for the stickers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom