Connecticut Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool! I have a nice gas grill, some frosty beverage and a great place for a giant stride... Once I confer with my dive buddy, I'll post a date.

shellbird:
Cool! I have a nice gas grill, some frosty beverage and a great place for a giant stride... Once I confer with my dive buddy, I'll post a date.

Well, my dive buddy 19kilojoe and I did a little kayak trip around the lake, the water was so super clear, the sky so sunny and bright, THE PERFECT conditions. We are donning our gear for the first time this year tomorrow, anyone interested in joining us, pm me for directions. I know it is last minute but the water is so clear right now that we couldn't pass up the opportunity.

shellbird:
..I know it is last minute but the water is so clear right now that we couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I have to work tomorrow. I am pulling a 16 hours shift (did one today too) if I had a lil more notice I could've swapped a shift with someone.
Hopefully I can make it another time.

Carla

(The 2 lakes I dive are Bashan and Westhill. )

I've done three night dives at West Hill from the boat launch area. Is there a way to get into the water from the other end where it is >60' deep?

Very significant thermals in there! BRRrrrrr!

Tks

Joe E.

Joe~

I live near Bashan and I'm wondering how good of a dive it would make. Is there a lot of boat traffic? How deep does it go? Do you have any recommended entry sites?

Thanks a bunch!

I dive Bashan a lot. I'de be glad to dive it with you. There is boat traffic. The best entry is at the dam were there is a slippery walk. The association beach is a good entry if you can get in (private).
From the boat launch is the easiest but vis isn't good until you get near the island were it is rocky.

Its a great practice dive to hone diving technique and for when the ocean is too rough. I dove Bashan Saturday and it was quite fun.

Chris

It's still in the beginning stages but I think it has potential. Right now they are runing some lines and trying to clean it up, it's pretty gross with a lot of garbage but they are making great progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom