Connecticut Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MidniteSiren

Registered
Reaction score
RiverRat:
...Would be nice to see a Connecticut group or Forum maybe?...
ehfireems:
..The Connecticut forum is an excellent idea....
michaelp68:
...Good idea for either a Connecticut forum or a list of the Connecticut divers for all of us to use as reference...
Well, I couldnt create a forum. So, I thought if I started a new thread, it could be a place to look and see where CT divers are gathering. :scubadive

Carla

Well Stonington point is the best shore dive in CT; it isn't spectacular. Waterford boat launch is a good beginner night dive. The next closest dive site out of CT is the tug boat hercules in westerly (parking and current permitting) or for a shallow dive weekapaug point (parking permitted).
The 2 lakes I dive are Bashan and Westhill. What I would like to do is gather a group to rent a large vehicle and explore the Cape Anne area and even Main. Jamestown is nice but unless you dive the east side of Beavertai or Potter's Covel, vis is bad once June rolls around. I would like to get to know more divers in the area. If festivities are planned like a picnic or get together afterward, it appears no matter were you dive it is fun.

Chris

Anyone ever dive Crystal Lake?
I haven't. I was just wondering about it.

Sounds like we all need to plan a day of diving. I like idea of getting a vehicle and doing some diving up on the cape, as well as that of a cook out after diving. I have been diving with Carla and Michael and had a great time doing so.

As far as Crystal Lake goes, I'm not sure if it's in the same position as squantz pond with the algae growth (I believe they are connected). I had posted about diving Squantz and from the sounds of things, it's better off not diving there.

Is the Hercules a shore dive? or a boat dive? You mentioned parking permitted, so I'm not too sure. How deep is it? It sounds like it could be a good dive.

Shane

ehfireems:
As far as Crystal Lake goes, I'm not sure if it's in the same position as squantz pond with the algae growth (I believe they are connected). I had posted about diving Squantz and from the sounds of things, it's better off not diving there.
Shane

I was at Squantz Saturday for Rescue class. Granted didn't get out too far from shore but the vis was not that bad. Then again I'm new to local diving, only been to West Hill Pond and Squantz so far. I plan on some more dives in both places as I'm 45 minutes or so from each. I may try to get to Squantz Sat. and will be there Sunday to finish Rescue class. I'll try to get our farther and deeper to see what it's like. Maybe you mean "Candlewood Lake" ? The 2 are connected.

Nope, I'm referring to Crystal Lake. I think it's in Ellington.

I don't know how deep it is, what the visibility is like or if there's anything interesting to see.

I've never been in it, but I was just wondering about it purely out of curiosity.

Michael

I don't know yet which morning I'll be able to dive this coming weekend, but I'm hoping for a beach dive. I'm thinking about one of the beach dives at Cape Ann or the right side of the left cove at Ft. Wetherill.

Either way, if anyone is planning for one of these dives this coming weekend and you post your plans, I might be able to make it. Still trying to coordinate things on my end, though.

Its in 17 ft water at high tide and about 80 to 100 yards of Westerly Town beach and not the public beach. Westerly Town beach is private but in the off season, before hours or after hours I've never been hassled.

I have a Bashan lake in my town but I've never heard of anyone diving it, where is the one that you are talking about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom