Congrats. to Simbrooks & OrlandoRogue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
We have two new Cavern divers: Simon & Becky.
Finally!:wink:

:monkeydan Yes they did great today, Even defeated the Fickle- Face- Mask- of- Fate in the lost line drill (two attempts but they didn't give up). Onward and upward or is that down- ward and inward?

:chicken: Wooohoooo! Congrats guys

Thats a ***** of an excercise. I got it on my first time, and missed it on my second time. I learned not to lose the line.

Oh and it was great meeting the renowned GDI:aka Rick. Or is it the other way around? Meaning Rick versus GDI..one and the same. I will plan on taking most of my training from him.
Where's the treamill?:11:

Congrats! WTG!

I promise a lot of people a lot of dives, i really am trying to come through on them. I still have a weekend to make up for Labour Day that got "blown out" on us - that would have popped me over 100 dives in that weekend, but now i am slowly creeping there - soon enough. As for cavern dives post cert, happy to get a bunch in whenever and wherever possible, will get around to trying to dive with any and all of you again soon enough! :wink:

Thanks for the thread and congrats.

The mask wasnt the hard part, it was overcoming that hyperventilation of cold water and warmish face as i ripped off the mask that freaked me out the first time we tried it. Of the times i have tried that drill, i have found the line twice (once with Rick, once in a practice elsewhere), twice i had problems changing out the mask - better at that now and once i couldnt find a good tie-off point, getting better at that. Just like the OW gave me a chance to practice and put things together, this card will also let me apply those things i have learnt and get better at them over time.

Thats exactly how I feel. Give me the knowledge and let me go get some experience, and thus practice. I didnt get my Intro till a year after cavern, and have had my intor for 6 months now and no will to go further yet. If you make it over to the panhandle caverns, let me know.

John, we are often up in that area visiting Becky's sister (and now new born 3rd child, as well as the other two) in Tally, having been waiting to hit vortex, morrison and wherever else there is in the area. Its coming, just dont know when :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom