Confused on my first custom wetsuit purchase from "WETWEAR"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor could do that with any old 3mm in that case though instead of a 600 dollar custom one.
Lets not talk about any old wetsuit. I am the idiot that tore all of the tendons in my right bicep when my foot got stuck in my Akona wetsuit.... :( It's 2 more months until I can dive again.

Have you tried an underlayer of Lavacore or Sharkskin with it?

It’s a custom suit. Not easy getting anything between you and the suit. Nor should there be a need. You pay a premium for it to fit properly.

Looks like you got charged the regular price for the suit, not the show price of $449. Suit + custom charge + zippers = $525, the regular price.

Somehow I fail to understand paying over 100-150 for a 3mm suit direct from any manufacturer. Double that if a divestore got involved. Maybe 25-50 more for real custom sizing.
I'm afraid that you got raped.

Michael

Somehow I fail to understand paying over 100-150 for a 3mm suit direct from any manufacturer. Double that if a divestore got involved. Maybe 25-50 more for real custom sizing.
I'm afraid that you got raped.

Michael
Depends upon what you get. Our last set of measurements took over an hour at the manufacturer. We will also spend more than an hour for the initial fitting once the suit is made. The suits will then be final fitted while we have lunch. How much do you think it costs to provide this level of custom fit service?

To be fair, the OP has not yet experienced poor quality.

This is the reason why online reputation and reviews are important. I had a horrible experience with them, and I am not the only one. There are a lot of threads about them here.

It's too late for the OP, but not surprised that they aren't responding to emails.

I got my wife a custom wetwear suit as well. We didn't have any shipping weirdness since we are close enough to drive to the wetwear "store". My main complaint is that they go on and on about their special neoprene and how the special neoprene combined withe the perfect fit mean you should go down a size on the thickness. (e.g. get a 3mm instead of a 5mm). That turned out to be a load of malarkey and we've now got this $600 wetsuit that isn't warm enough for spring diving (72f water).

It is a good fit, and we like the look of the design. We would definitely not buy a wetwear suit again. Overpriced and under-performing.

Pretty much my experience as well.

Have you tried an underlayer of Lavacore or Sharkskin with it?
As others mentioned, since it's such a precise fit there really isn't any room under it. I guess you might be able to stretch the material some but I'd be willing to bet it would be uncomfortable.

She had been using an old scubapro 5mm with lavacore underneath prior to getting the wetwear and that's what she went back to after a few chilly dives.

It's really too bad. If they had not deliberately talked us into a thinner suit then we would have been happy customers. Given the extreme price of a wetwear suit, we certainly aren't buying a second one. Missed opportunity on their part.

Sharkskin will go over top and warm thi gs up too. I've worn mine with success both in and out. It's too big for me but oh well, as long as it does it's job and it dries nicer than Lavacore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom