Confused on my first custom wetsuit purchase from "WETWEAR"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my wife a custom wetwear suit as well. We didn't have any shipping weirdness since we are close enough to drive to the wetwear "store". My main complaint is that they go on and on about their special neoprene and how the special neoprene combined withe the perfect fit mean you should go down a size on the thickness. (e.g. get a 3mm instead of a 5mm). That turned out to be a load of malarkey and we've now got this $600 wetsuit that isn't warm enough for spring diving (72f water).

It is a good fit, and we like the look of the design. We would definitely not buy a wetwear suit again. Overpriced and under-performing.

You would not be the first person dissatisfied with Wetwear. Their customer service is non-existent roughly on par with their quality. I give them a wide berth at trade shows.

Did they ship it to you twice?

They took a few months then rush shipped it to me for a 1st fitting. At the 6 month mark they finished it and rush shipped it to me again. I very politely emailed them asking to explain the additional charges because they didn't make sense to me. They emailed me 20 times before but now it's just silence and a $753 charge on my credit card.

I would be sending the original quote to the credit card company and inquire about an overcharge. If they don't start responding to communication first that is.

Unless there is some missing information, I see it as an overcharge

I would be sending the original quote to the credit card company and inquire about an overcharge. If they don't start responding to communication first that is.

Unless there is some missing information, I see it as an overcharge
I am disputing the charge. I don't want anything for free, I just want to understand the charges.

I am disputing the charge. I don't want anything for free, I just want to understand the charges.
What part are you disputing?

Try giving Connie a phone call. If she does not pick up then try again an hour later. Do this over several days and you will eventually get to talk to her. It may be a week or 2 if she is out of town. She can take the time to explain that the bill is correct. It matches what you claimed you bought.

What part are you disputing?

I disputing the $120 for zippers. When I ordered it with Connie's daughter she told me the suit had zippers included for that price. I was told there would be an extra charge for me being fat and I said that was ok. The $50 custom charge for a custom wetsuit is kind of shady. I probably needed a spine pad but didn't ask for one. I'm sure if she asked I would have said that was fine. So getting hit with $200 extra without talking to me is a bit much.
I deal with estimating millions of dollars, in a service industry, and I deal with contracts with work scope and exclusions on a daily basis.
I'm working on getting a quote for a custom 7mil right now. The first company I reached out to gave me a breakdown, of everything that is on the final invoice I posted, without me even asking.

I got my wife a custom wetwear suit as well. We didn't have any shipping weirdness since we are close enough to drive to the wetwear "store". My main complaint is that they go on and on about their special neoprene and how the special neoprene combined withe the perfect fit mean you should go down a size on the thickness. (e.g. get a 3mm instead of a 5mm). That turned out to be a load of malarkey and we've now got this $600 wetsuit that isn't warm enough for spring diving (72f water).

It is a good fit, and we like the look of the design. We would definitely not buy a wetwear suit again. Overpriced and under-performing.

Have you tried an underlayer of Lavacore or Sharkskin with it?

Have you tried an underlayer of Lavacore or Sharkskin with it?
I did see their "special" neoprene. I don't know much about neoprene to be honest. I guess that might be something new for me to research.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom