Confused on my first custom wetsuit purchase from "WETWEAR"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chip Collins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Back in February I went to my first dive show in DC. I ended up getting measured for my first wetsuit.
It is now July and I have my wetsuit safe and sound at home. I ordered a 3mil "EZ-ON JUMPSUIT", with zippers included, for $449. I also paid $60 extra for the seals.
My invoice is just crazy to me. I'm showing a $50 custom fee for my custom wetsuit, $60 for leg zippers, $60 for arm zippers, a spine pad I did have on my original invoice, and it took 6 months but they rush shipped it for the first fitting and the final delivery.
Hopefully someone can tell me how i'm looking at this wrong. I emailed Wetwear and they aren't responding to any of my emails.

invoicing.JPG
Final Invoice.jpg
Flyer.JPG

They included an oversize charge and a spine pad. The rest is as per the spec sheet you provided....plus tax.
I guess I can see it that way. Maybe the person who filled it out did it wrong? The flyer said the zippers were included so I'm confused why there would be an extra $120 charge. I am an electrical estimator so I am always very upfront in my pricing to try and avoid any misunderstandings. I thought giving a $70 discount on a custom wetsuit and then charging a $50 custom wetsuit fee was kind of shady too. Since I am new to this world I'm just trying to figure it out.

I guess I can see it that way. Maybe the person who filled it out did it wrong? The flyer said the zippers were included so I'm confused why there would be an extra $120 charge. I am an electrical estimator so I am always very upfront in my pricing to try and avoid any misunderstandings. I thought giving a $70 discount on a custom wetsuit and then charging a $50 custom wetsuit fee was kind of shady too. Since I am new to this world I'm just trying to figure it out.
I think what @dlofting was trying to convey is that the bill is correct for what you purchased. Nothing shady going on. They just itemized things differently.

They did not charge you extra.

Your original order does not have the spine pad option checked, and does not have the oversized charge listed even though your measurements had been completed. I don’t know what other communications or conversations you had on the suit, but if you did not later add the spine pad, and/or the oversized charge was not discussed as a TBD item, then you have a legitimate beef to bring up with them.

I think what @dlofting was trying to convey is that the bill is correct for what you purchased. Nothing shady going on. They just itemized things differently.

They did not charge you extra.

That's why I'm asking. The breakdown just seemed off and I am still confused why included zippers have a $120 charge. For some reason the short zippers I was told I was getting were replaced with zippers that are about 18". After doing this one I see there are many questions I need to ask before getting my 7mil from another company.

That's why I'm asking. The breakdown just seemed off and I am still confused why included zippers have a $120 charge. For some reason the short zippers I was told I was getting were replaced with zippers that are about 18". After doing this one I see there are many questions I need to ask before getting my 7mil from another company.
Add up the first 4 line items from your bill. Then compare that value to the regular cost of a 3mm ez on jumpsuit.

The rest of the dominos should then fall into place...

You would not be the first person dissatisfied with Wetwear. Their customer service is non-existent roughly on par with their quality. I give them a wide berth at trade shows.

Did they ship it to you twice?

You would not be the first person dissatisfied with Wetwear. Their customer service is non-existent roughly on par with their quality. I give them a wide berth at trade shows.

Did they ship it to you twice?
To be fair, the OP has not yet experienced poor quality.

The OP indicated a first fitting AND a final delivery. That means 3 shipping charges.

To be fair, the OP has not yet experienced poor quality.

The OP indicated a first fitting AND a final delivery. That means 3 shipping charges.

The OP may not have experienced poor quality. Unfortunately I did...with both a 7mm and 3mm wetsuit. The quality of the customer service was abysmally bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom