Condo suggestions (moving soon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adrisen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok I need suggestions on where to look:

Condo or Town House 0-3 years old

I require 1200SF
2 Bedrooms Must
2 bathrooms Must
Parking
Security
Hard wood floors
Forced Air
Must allow dogs
Pool in area
living Room
Dining Room
Intercostal or ocean view

This is not for rental, and if you know of the MLS listing you can email that to me at adrisen@netscape.net I will be there this month to check out properties this month.

It was suggested that I look at West Palm Beach or Delray but I am not familiar with the area and I can't look it up with out a zip. I also like Boca Raton

Any suggestions

Ashley

I can give a general suggestion in that there are lots of brand new condos sitting empty around my area... Several new condos were being built when realestate crapped out several on the water and now they can't give the things away.

I would have to imagine that there are several very similar situations all around florida.

Good luck

Problem with those places with empty condos is that many owners are not making the monthly maintenance fees, and the other owners are left holding the bag.

My advice is to rent for a year, there are many pet-friendly apartments, and take your time looking. If you buy a condo or townhome now you could REALLY get STUCK.

I would suggest my area … Lauderdale by the Sea.
All over SE Florida you will find real estate prices dropping like a rock. It is a good time to wheel and deal. I manage property for Sun Trust Bank (Trust department) and all of our values have dropped tremendously, the only thing we are selling right now is what we are willing to give away. Example a house valued at $543,000.00 has in the last 8 months dropped to $330,000.00. This is crazy, but it equals a buyers market. Debby is right, I also manage 15 condos in Broward, most of them up and down A1A and with the empty units and/or foreclosures some of my monthly maintenance fees are up over $1500.00. So be sure to look at occupancy and foreclosures in the association you choose to live in.
:wink:

One more thing about renting...be very careful who you rent from...I'd stick to a big company, for instance a big apartment complex that allows pets. We are seeing a tremendous number of tenants down here suddenly having to move because their landlord didn't pay their mortgage and the bank foreclosed and tossed the tenant out. NOT a nice surprise!!! Things are really tough down here, I'm telling you. But you'll love it here, you can dive for the price of parking and an air fill. Can't beat that!!!

EDIT: I used Google to search "pet friendly apartments" and got a variety of hits, here is just one that you may find useful.

http://www.peoplewithpets.com/

Not telling you to not buy...just buyer beware...if you suddenly have to move away, you'll have an incredibly hard time re-selling your unit. Better to simply rent and probably a LOT cheaper too, considering our property taxes and insurance. Let's just say that if I hadn't bought my home a decade ago, I sure wouldn't buy one now.

But it's still paradise, please don't think I'm being negative...I'm just being realistic.

Also, if you will be working, what city are you working in? With the traffic down here, you MUST take commuting times into account when selecting a unit to buy or lease.

I am going to buy a wagon, for my dive gear. But I pay parking for now lol

Actually I can park for free at two very popular dive sites, but those options are not available for our original poster. :)

Kim, look at yard carts, KMart or Home Depot, they are plastic and hold lots of stuff, just buy a bike lock to lock it up while you are underwater!

I have not interest in renting, I am in the Financial Position that I can Purchase and sit with it. i expect that my office will be in either Boca in Gulf Stream (which I believe is part of Delray) I do not want a long commute.

I don't think I want the maintence of a house

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom