Conditions…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone diving in Cave Country this weekend? I'd love to know if conditions at Little River or Madison improved. Thank you in advance!

Little River is still flooded, I heard that Madison is clear (but greenish) and one VERY interesting rumor about Peacock, that I haven't been able to confirm....the Suwannee is dropping rapidly, it's worth checking in again Friday evening or even Saturday morning. We stopped by Royal yesterday and the water has dropped several feet (!) in just the last few days.

You can see the river gauge here - we are looking for the Suwannee at Branford to drop below 19'...

Ginnie/Manatee/Jug/Buford/EN are all still okay.

EDIT: The rumors I've heard that Peacock and OG are open and clearing have just been confirmed by another source...someone go check it out for us!

Little River is still flooded, I heard that Madison is clear (but greenish) and one VERY interesting rumor about Peacock, that I haven't been able to confirm....the Suwannee is dropping rapidly, it's worth checking in again Friday evening or even Saturday morning. We stopped by Royal yesterday and the water has dropped several feet (!) in just the last few days.

You can see the river gauge here - we are looking for the Suwannee at Branford to drop below 19'...

Ginnie/Manatee/Jug/Buford/EN are all still okay.
Thank you. Looking to dive Madison or Little River around Memorial Day weekend - gear check prior to EN dives.

I'll try to go visit Little River and Ivey Park (Branford) this afternoon. Either are about 10 minutes from the house.

I wasn't able to make it out there today, so I emailed the Parks Dept. They expect Little River to be closed at least another week or possibly two. The parking lot is still under a good amount of water.

We had a slobberknocker of a storm yesterday. Much of Suwannee County is still without power, including me. More wind than rain. Even the chicken coop was blown over.

1000006138.jpg

We will rebuild!!!

1000006188.jpg

Outage map as of this morning..

In High Springs; we got some rain, some wind but not much of either. Power stayed on, internet stayed on.

Awesome, you've got some time then! If I were placing bets, I would bet on them being clear by Memorial Day UNLESS we get another rain event... :/
Like the big rain storm that made it through Tally and south Georgia last night?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom