Conditions…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This photo was made 4/18/24 and is of the driveway into Little River. I expect that LR is sucking in river water right now. It appears the Suwanee will crest on 4/24/24. River Level Predictions

LR.jpg

predict.png
predict.png

@Capt Jim Wyatt - that picture is insane. Shows how much I don't know about Suwanee. How often does this happen? How long will this last and does the overall water level affect Madison? I am want to dive in a few weeks and will hate if it is Ginnie again...

@Capt Jim Wyatt - that picture is insane. Shows how much I don't know about Suwanee. How often does this happen? How long will this last and does the overall water level affect Madison? I am want to dive in a few weeks and will hate if it is Ginnie again...
Everything on the Suwannee is flooded right now - Madison, Telford, Peacock, Little River, etc. etc. The one exception is Manatee, which I believe is still clear.

It’s going to be a few days still before the river crests and finally starts to drop again. This is a normal part of the river cycle, but it’s been a bit wetter/more flooded than usual this year.

Everything on the Suwannee is flooded right now - Madison, Telford, Peacock, Little River, etc. etc. The one exception is Manatee, which I believe is still clear.

It’s going to be a few days still before the river crests and finally starts to drop again. This is a normal part of the river cycle, but it’s been a bit wetter/more flooded than usual this year.

Dove manatee on Thursday. It was clear then.

How often does this happen?
It happens almost every year at or around this time. Sometimes to a lesser degree sometimes greater.

I live directly on the Santa Fe river & I have seen the house across the river from me flood all the way up to the rafters where just a small part of the roof was visible above the river.

It happens almost every year at or around this time. Sometimes to a lesser degree sometimes greater.

I live directly on the Santa Fe river & I have seen the house across the river from me flood all the way up to the rafters where just a small part of the roof was visible above the river.
Thank you. I should do more research before buying a lot next to LR.

I should do more research before buying a lot next to LR.
Probably.
We used the guideline when we bought that the house had to be above the 100-year flood plane mark.

1713706576607.jpeg

The flood witness pole at Ivey Park (Branford) a few days ago. The river is just a few feet from hitting it.

1713706642551.jpeg

The parking lot is filling up, bot not with cars. The boat ramp is completely inundated.

1713706780119.jpeg

The view from the parking lot.​

Thank you. I should do more research before buying a lot next to LR.
Living on the river is fun but I chose higher and drier. I live between Little River and Jugg Hole, 25 minutes from Peacock (should she ever re-open) and a bit further to Ginnie. I don't worry about flooding here and I actually bought during a flood, so that I would be sure. It's a bit cheaper this way, but I still have acceess, should I ever be able to dive again.

How high's the the water, mama?

As of April 24, 2024, the flood stage of the Suwannee River at Branford, Florida is between 25 and 36 feet, with major flooding events occurring at over 36 feet. The streamflow discharge is 24,300 cfs, and the gauge height is 22.99 feet.

Here are the pics. I couldn't even get close to the witness pole.

1713998065058.jpeg

1713998100988.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom