Conditions this weekend (10.03)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astrofunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have reservations for Lobos tomorrow (Saturday, 10.03), but the swell model is looking a little intense.

Did anyone happen to go out today? I'd love to hear a conditions report -- maybe save me a long drive.

Went out today; swell was definitely up.

Water at Lobos looked very murky, but further out (SW of Pt. Lobos) we had crystal viz all the way down (60-80').

Pretty snotty on the surface by the time we were done.

Thanks Rob. I'm hearing consistent reports: "big winds, big seas, and a bit of red tide out there." Hm.

So how was it? Anyone going to post a dive report?
Just saw the post on ba_diving about someone seeing a turtle yesterday in Monterey:confused:

Saturday - swell, poor vis. But yup - tons of fun :D!

Mo - Yep I did... I don't doubt the validity of it... just wish I could have checked it out also...

Kathy - successfully pulling off a dive in challenging conditions makes for good experiences to file away in your tool box.

A few pics from the Lobos area:

T5, South of Lobos

And a few (taken by others) from the public wharf:

Wharf II

Beautiful pictures! Thanks! It's nice to see what I am missing!

Kathy - successfully pulling off a dive in challenging conditions makes for good experiences to file away in your tool box.

It was great fun! But we did stay REALLY shallow just to make sure it stayed that way :wink:.

Never had such a great adventure in such shallow water :D!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom