Conditions at Clear Springs ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-=>Larry<=-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well.... I'm finally getting up to the Dallas area with spare time AND close to a weekend.
Time to try the fabled Clear Springs SCUBA Park - BUT - I find it VERY suspicious that nobodies posted about it for about a month ??

Has it frozen over?? or have you all called it a season??

Anyway - I'll be ariving in Denton Tuesday 12th - business there & in N. Dallas through Friday - then Saturday open while my youngest checks out UTD as a possible College choice. My wife will be doing parental trailing fo this one, leaving me and possibly my elder son [now a Soph at UTD] to go diving!

What up up there!

We kinda got quiet around here 'cause its been cold and wet.

The water temp is probably warmer than the air temp, but its still cold to me.

CSSP is still open. I'd join you at some point, but I'm headded to Brady early Friday morning.

Have fun,

TwoBit

The last I heard, the rain had really taken it's toll on viz... but if we get a good week of clear weather maybe it'll clear up..:jester:

When I checked the website yesterday, it said 65 degrees and 20+foot visability. It's supposed to be beautiful here this weekend, but whether or not that will bring the water temp up is anyone's guess.

65 degrees is a bit cold, but nothing my 5/3 can't handle.

My plan at the moment is to wake my college age son early and arrive at CSSP somewhere 10A-12P for a single tank [maybe more, but I bet he'll wimp at the temperature and/or neopreme!]

Cheers -=>Larry<=-

I was there the 8th and 9th, water temp was 64, vis was not real good on the north end, but better on south (10-15). Actually had a current; lake is turning and the really high winds were making whitecaps on the north end!

Most everyone was still in neoprene (though I was dry).

Yup -
Yan & I dove CSSP yesterday.:cold:

57 minutes at up to 54 feet. Vis was remarkable - 20 ft. plus as mentioned above - BUT - it held a nice constant 59-60 degrees everywhere we went.
Enjoyed a place that was more open than Aquarena, but better vis than Travis! Saw a few fishies [Bass, catfish, only saw one longear sunfish] - nobody was moving very fast at this temperature though. I'll definitely have to try this in the summer!

Once we were back on top - the wind was whipping through our area and we had a short discussion on whether the last 10$ in my wallet should go to an air fill - or - to a burger on the way back to Dallas! - The result - a pair of Ultimate Cheeseburger Combo meals!
Drove back to the PortaPotty near the entrance & found the area sheltered from teh wind and relatively toasty - enough to change into regular clothes and wave goodby to the proprietess as we headed back to the school.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom