Concerns about moderating policies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete, I have already given you several examples
You've only alluded to examples, which may or may not exist. I've asked for LINKS three times now which you have not provided. Do I need to break open a dictionary for you here? Do you not get the idea that I need links? In addition, you suggest that some of these threads are 96 pages long. This is an argumentum per deluvium. Show me specific examples of the behavior you suggest I'm engaging in.
You know exactly what thread I mean when I mentioned your cave instructor 'friend' and the 90 page thread.
I do not. I have many, many cave instructor friends. They have been in lots of threads. I have no idea which thread you are referring to. Please post a link. (fourth request). Please show me the rumors I have started (third request). If you can't find it, and you're so hot about it, why would you think I could find it out of hundreds of thousands of threads. Calling me a liar is not going to help me out here.

Sorry, but you'll never see me step back on that assessment. Having >40 years of experience with guns, I still believe - and claim, to anyone willing to listen, plus a few more - that there. simply. is. no. excuse. for shooting someone unless you intend to do so. Period.

ALL accidents are preventable with vigilant care and EVERYBODY IS AN IDIOT because we have all had accidents. I don't know you, but I am getting the idea that you would rather call yourself an idiot, a moron, than face the tiny, everyday grace of saying, "please excuse my excess of feeling, I meant to say the fellow really should be more careful next time, or perhaps find another hobby/sport/activity"

ALL accidents are preventable with vigilant care and EVERYBODY IS AN IDIOT because we have all had accidents.
A gun is designed to kill. That's its purpose. It's what it's made for. If you aren't able to realize that that's what it's made for and take proper precautions that it doesn't kill anything else than what you intend to (in my case, it's range targets and game, and nothing else), you don't deserve to handle one. You do, however, deserve any scorn heaped upon you. (Note: general "you", not specific "you").

Scuba gear, or motorcycles, or footballs, or rock climbing harnesses, even knives aren't designed to kill. Their purpose is something else. If you mess up with those and have an accident, that's not as inexcusable as not realizing that your (spear)gun is a tool designed with one purpose, to kill, and failing to take the consequence of that in your actions.

EDIT: It's pretty darned simple: Cooper's Four Rules

Calling me a liar is not going to help me out here.
I have not called you a liar. You're spinning again, Pete. I said you're dishonest. That's a difference, Pete. Playing stupid is dishonest, you don't have to lie the be dishonest. Spinning is also not really lying, it's misrepresenting a situation or what somebody said, Pete.

You know exactly which thread I'm talking about. I'm not going to keep playing this stupid game.

You know exactly which thread I'm talking about. I'm not going to keep playing this stupid game.
I don't, and I'm a moderator (in case you haven't noticed). Please enlighten me. Don't be so coy.

I don't, and I'm a moderator (in case you haven't noticed). Please enlighten me. Don't be so coy.
Don't waste your time. For people that don't know anything about cave and deco diving, the thread would be rather hard to follow.

I said you're dishonest.
You think this is better than calling me a liar? I stand corrected, but calling me dishonest doesn't help my memory either.
You know exactly which thread I'm talking about.
In a PM you've said it's about Rob Neto, but that's all I know. Did you report this thread? Rob is a friend as is Jim, Johnny, Forest, TJ, Lamar, Ed, and the list is quite exhaustive. If you want this 'game' to end: POST THE LINK.

OK, got it. You just want to serve half-cooked, undocumented claims.
No, you don't understand. The thread was a witch hunt. The poor bastard gotten beaten up enough. You knowing about it or not makes zero difference.

A gun is designed to kill. That's its purpose. It's what it's made for. If you aren't able to realize that that's what it's made for and take proper precautions that it doesn't kill anything else than what you intend to (in my case, it's range targets and game, and nothing else), you don't deserve to handle one.

EDIT: It's pretty darned simple: Cooper's Four Rules

1) guns are designed to fire projectiles at targets or food or other people with guns. They can hurt innocent people when misused.
2) cars are designed for driving people and things and can hurt innocent people when when misused.
3) words are designed for teaching and learning and can hurt innocent people when misused.

Holding onto your hurtful word choices like a dang teddy bear on a dark night is not impressive.

There are more entertaining ways to insult actions and people than just calling names and it is a talent to be able to do it so they don't realize they were insulted until days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom