Sea Hunt S1E6 The Poacher

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Litefoot

Contributor
Reaction score
IMG_1024.jpeg

I love the Sea Hunt series featuring Mike Nelson as the consummate professional diver, ever cool and always in control. In this episode, Mike (Lloyd Bridges), armed with a speargun, sneaks up on a bad guy with a lever gun. In an interesting series of events, the poacher gets the speargun and Mike ends up with the rifle. The picture above is Mike’s face as he pulls the trigger and realizes the rifle is empty. He then barely escapes a shot from the speargun. The bad guy then runs and leaps off a dock seemingly into a boat. He misses the boat and lands in the water.

I cannot explain it, but Mike’s face here and the subsequent jumping and missing the boat send me into hysterical laughter each time I watch it. If I’m having a bad day, S1E16 are good medicine for me.

Whats the point of strapping a BFK if you're not gonna use it?
No offense to Mr. Nelson, but if I had that machete handy instead of my tiny BCD line cutter, I woulda made some poacher filet instead of all the fisticuffs. :maniac::maniac:

Yes, but that BFK must have a mark in it for every air hose he has sliced through. I don’t think I’ve seen more than three consecutive episodes without an underwater knife fight.

Yes, but that BFK must have a mark in it for every air hose he has sliced through. I don’t think I’ve seen more than three consecutive episodes without an underwater knife fight.

You say that like its a bad thing?:)

A few years ago, a group of us were traveling from Northern California to Southern to dive the oil rigs just off the coast.

We went down a day early, and did a shore dive that was supposedly in the area where they filmed some of the diving for "Sea Hunt". During our dive, I found an old rusty knife that immediately made me feel like I had come across TV history. It probably wasn't, but it did put a big smile on my face thinking about the show and all of the underwater knife fights.

Love SH......have the original book and the full digitally remastered DVD set...

I like the episode where Mike dives into the cave up in BC to blow up a navigation hazard........Dangerous Rock........ and then of course, once he has the charges all set, an indigenous electric eel bites the fuse and leaves Mike only precious minutes to escape.........then back to the boat for a Lucky Strike!!!

0ta4R79.jpg

MXZJyFq.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom