Concerns about moderating policies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) guns are designed to fire projectiles at targets or food or other people with guns.
With the inherent intent to destroy and/or kill

2) cars are designed for driving people and things
Without the inherent intent to destroy and/or kill

3) words are designed for teaching and learning

That's a fundamental difference.

You think this is better than calling me a liar? I stand corrected, but calling me dishonest doesn't help my memory either.
Wow, you stand corrected. First time you every admitted that you misrepresent what was ACTUALLY said. I guess that's a start.

In a PM you've said it's about Rob Neto, but that's all I know. Did you report this thread? Rob is a friend as is Jim, Johnny, Forest, TJ, Lamar, Ed, and the list is quite exhaustive. If you want this 'game' to end: POST THE LINK.
I'm not gonna look for it, Pete. I have told you per PM which thread. There is only one and I told you what it was about. If you wanna read it again, go and find it. I'm sick of this BS.
This started when I gave MY opinion on the 'professional' conduct of some of the Mods. I'm not going down this rabbit hole of your spin and storkers moronic remarks (note that I'm not calling Storker a moron, I'm calling his remarks moronic, which, of course, basically says the same thing but one is ok to say the other is not).

Last edited:
note that I'm not calling Storker a moron, I'm calling his remarks moronic, which, of course, basically says the same thing but one is ok to say the other is not
If you don't see that those aren't the same, I won't continue to flog that horse. Even if the other side still has a fairly intact skin. You are now officially a lost case.

I see the difference. It's a semantic difference. Some nickpickers could yap on about something like that for hours.

I see the difference. It's a semantic difference. Some nickpickers could yap on about something like that for hours.

Yeah, you and I have probably spent far too much time in this thread already. I think it is time to back off and see what happens.

Yeah, you and I have probably spent far too much time in this thread already. I think it is time to back off and see what happens.
Just FYI, this wasn't aimed at you. I just think the rule is kinda stupid.

That's a fundamental difference.

Words don't have the inherent "intent" to hurt, but you have mis-used them and now; here we all are.

Would it help if I gave you a table of expressions in "Storker Units" of Ego Refractive Lens Index with "Moron" getting a pretty high 8.5 and "twitchy fingered twit" more of a 6.5, and "well I hope he learned a lesson there" a paltry 1.5. I can replace Storker units with a scientific symbol as soon as I figure out how to put a German .. over a frowny face. I tried, really.
:mad:

Wow, you stand corrected.
I do that often. I am no stranger to mistakes and I admit them freely. However, you failed to see that YOUR intent and my POINT remained the same whether you called me a liar or dishonest. You complained about "twist" when effectually there was none. You crying "WOLF!" seems to mean nothing at this point.
First time you every admitted that you misrepresent what was ACTUALLY said.
This is false. I'm not calling you a liar, but I am going to show that you're ignorant of the many, many times I have admitted I was wrong on this forum. Follow this link for all the "Mea Culpa"s I have given: http://www.scubaboard.com/community/search/18494625/?q=culpa&o=date&c[user][0]=879 All of them should be outright admissions. Follow this link to all the times I used the word "Sorry". This will be more of a mixed bag, but it should be clear to anyone, that I am open to admitting my own errors: http://www.scubaboard.com/community/search/18494712/?q=sorry&o=date&c[user][0]=879 It's OK to not like me. It's also OK for me to point that out to others that your accusations are fueled by that dislike.
I'm not gonna look for it, Pete.
I think we have this down to a thread started by @GDI (Rick Murcar) about the expulsion of Rob Neto from the NACD: NACD Instructor standards violation Am I right? Is this the one? I'm not sure how such a factual statement could be seen as being a rumor. Much of that thread (if recollection is accurate) was more of a support for Rob and the members of the Board and questioned Rick's reasoning, temperament and ethics. Personally, I see no reason for me to be a part of the NACD any further because of this as well as other events, and I don't see Rob's expulsion from them as being of any consequence. ScubaBoard will continue to support them corporately, but they've lost my personal support and favor. I try not to be petty among other things and try not to allow my personal preference to hold sway over the entire Board.

@Bennno. Now that I've found the thread, perhaps you can point us to the rumors within that thread. The burden of proof is on you. I can understand your reticence if there aren't any rumors in there, but you certainly don't make a convincing argument when you refuse to exemplify your criticisms. We'll wait patiently while observing the first rule of Scuba: We won't hold our breath!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom