Concerns about moderating policies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed my point @Storker , or I missed yours. Say there is a thread discussing the use of split fins. Johnny makes a post on the thread that he loves his split fins and thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. If I immediately post on the thread (without naming names) that anyone who uses split fins is a moron, I think that most people I know would consider that to be calling Johnny a moron since he just proclaimed his love for split fins. Unless I am misunderstanding the TOS (entirely possible) that would be acceptable, although it says the same thing as directly calling Johnny a moron.

I think you missed my point @Storker , or I missed yours.
Not unlikely :)

Say there is a thread discussing the use of split fins. Johnny makes a post on the thread that he loves his split fins and thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. If I immediately post on the thread (without naming names) that anyone who uses split fins is a moron, I think that most people I know would consider that to be calling Johnny a moron since he just proclaimed his love for split fins. Unless I am misunderstanding the TOS (entirely possible) that would be acceptable, although it says the same thing as directly calling Johnny a moron.
You're describing very well a type of case that will cause some discussion within the Mod Corps. Because laws - And ToSs - have to be interpreted by (hopefully) reasonably intelligent persons. That's the whole raison d'etre for your - or our - Supreme Court (no further comparison intended ;-) )

Bottom line:. By the TOS, some personal attacks are strictly prohibited and others are acceptable. You just have to know how to write them.:shakehead:

Bottom line:. By the TOS, some personal attacks are strictly prohibited and others are acceptable. You just have to know how to write them.:shakehead:
*throws arms in the air, gives up trying to explain*

It was all based on rumor
I don't have a clue which thread you're talking about. What's clear to you is not to anyone else. To help you out, let's look at a definition of rumor from www.Dictionary.com

Rumor:
noun
1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts:
a rumor of war.
2. gossip; hearsay:
Don't listen to rumor.

Just because you don't like the facts, doesn't make them rumor. Just because you don't like me, my view points or the way I dive doesn't make anything I post a rumor. I post only first hand accounts either from myself or from someone at the scene. If I posted a RUMOR, please, please, please point it out for us. Report it, point it out in the thread or send me a PM. Just because you call it a rumor doesn't make it one.
If ANYONE had started a thread like that about YOU or John, it would have been shut down immediately.
Balderdash. There have been critical threads started about me and they all are still standing. Mods aren't allowed to delete criticisms of me specifically so you can't say such stupid things with any credibility. Uncle Pug removed one and he and I went round and round over why he shouldn't have done that. I took away the mod's ability to permanently delete content after that.
Is it against the ToS if I call your questions stupid, Storker?
Questions can be called stupid. Users can not.

I'm to stupid to read or write in English.
Grammar alert... you are TOO stupid to read or write in English. Normally, I would have let such errors pass, but this was too funny to miss. :D
are you actually being paid by Pete to write your posts?
Now, you're grasping at straws.

If I immediately post on the thread (without naming names) that anyone who uses split fins is a moron,
OK, this is like Storker's underwear... it depends. More than likely, a statement like this would be found in one of the green zones and would be simply deleted as being too harsh. Someone suggesting that splits are the way to go in a cave will deservedly have quite a bit of criticism to deal with including people suggesting that it was a stupid idea.

this is like Storker's underwear... it depends
Hey! I resemble that remark!

I'm a rec diver, ferchrissakes. I don't pee in my suit, I don't wear diapers, and I don't glue a condom to my junk.

I think some people are confusing the "letter of the law" and "the spirit of the law."

Just because you don't like me, my view points or the way I dive doesn't make anything I post a rumor.
I don't like your phoniness and that you put spin on everthing to make your point.
Ok, I'm done with this, Pete is going to weazel himself out of every direct question anyway.

I agree with the Mods now, Pete is not a phony, Storker is a genius that knows what he is talking about and John is a totally fair guy and an expert when it comes to teaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom