computer won't let me on lp.com!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, I am using a Mac if that helps...

9349_mac_vs_pc.jpg

I'll keep the training wheels!

I have actually moved to a new ISP since the problem began, so I think that eliminates that possibility too...

I am leaning more and more towards the gray market filter.

I must say, that I am surprised that this thread hasn't headed down the LDS vs. Online rabbit hole. Thanks for staying on topic!!

A few times over the years I have had problems where a web site was simply not reachable from my place... On any computer.

Once for about a year, I could not get to nvidia.com. Not even by using the raw IP address. Not even by telneting to port 80. It was a black hole as seen from Mac, Windows, and FreeBSD.

Because it happened to all computers on a variety of OSs I decided it had to be an ISP issue. And rather than try to explain it to ISP tech support, I just lived with it until it cleared up by itself.

Try the things that people are suggesting, but in the end it may not be a problem on your end.

oh please. you are a liar, it is not possible for something to not work on a mac. you sir need to go immediately to the nearest mac store and have one of their geniouses correct you. of course since you already own a product and want it to work rather than just buying a new one so it will work, you will need to stand in line to get permission to go to the computer to make an appointment to come back several days later so you can talk to a genious. the genious will then mock you for having the nerve to think that you need anything that will not work on a mac....sheeeesh are you some kind of moron?

Mac Techies will have to tell you for sure, but I think you can tweak the time your system allows for connection before it times out. I don't recall where in the options it is buried but I vaguely recall that it can be tweaked in 30 second increments up to 90 seconds or some crazy thing like that.

Also check your firewall to see if it is blocking it. I haven't owned a mac in 10 years so I'm not familiar enough with them anymore to be much help.

Go into your Utilities folder, and open the terminal. Enter this and hit return:

nslookup leisurepro.com

Paste in here whatever the system returns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom