Computer.... Which one....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to another of one of my buddy's who spear fishes and he has a Oceanic VEO.. He fishes for a commercial boat and he said that it keeps up with him going up and down..... I think after him telling me this and seeing the last to posts I believe that the Oceanic is going to win...

My rec computer is a Suunto Vyper...air/nitrox/gauge...can upload your dive profiles to your laptop, dive simulator and planner and fairly cheap (within your price range). You get tons of dive time diving at 20 - 30 foot range with it. The one thing it is fussy about is the rate of ascent....stick to the 30 - 33 ft per min ascent rate...

I talked to another of one of my buddy's who spear fishes and he has a Oceanic VEO.. He fishes for a commercial boat and he said that it keeps up with him going up and down..... I think after him telling me this and seeing the last to posts I believe that the Oceanic is going to win...

One thing I like about my old Oceanic Prodigy is the nitrogen loading bar graph -- the graph of the highest loaded compartment. It's a nice display and something the Suunto Vyper does not have.

Adam

Whatever you buy ... make sure that you ask the dive store to get you an Activation Code for the dive computer online class.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Oceanic Veo 180 is a great computer....Divers Supply has them for $198...

Just bought the new Uwatect line SubGear XP10, which is the Aladin Prime, fairly cheap 260$ +tax, I'll try it out today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom