Computer that allows Freedive before Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never used a "freedive" mode before. Maybe what they mean is switching to gauge mode. it's possible that using gauge mode will lock you out for safety. Depends on the specific computer and circumstances. What's worse than lockout would be that the computer wipes your nitrogen loading instead.

The obvious solution to this would be to just leave the computer in dive mode.

I guess it's a bit more expensive, but I have free dive and scuba computers. This is the free dive one I use. The battery lasts about a year and a half and is easy to change.

Oceanic F10 V3 Freediving Computer Watch

I would argue this is a very usual case, your getting food so your only going to dive once a day max and you don't want to waste your air until you have a good spot.

Agree totally with what you want to do, just saying that of all the millions of dives done all over the world daily I would suspect that its a minuscule fraction of them that go free diving before scuba AND use a computer for both. If I were designing a PDC I really don't think I would even have considered that use case.

My suunto d6i does not seem to do this. On the other hand it locks me out fot 48 hours for any other thing i do.

Again, the two lines of computers that will allow you to mix free and scuba diving and not lock you out while keeping track of physiological/deco factors for both and adjusting dive limits accordingly are the Oceanic and Ratio Computers. Ratio Computers free diving computer (it can do scuba diving with one mix) appears to have the most sophisticated algorithm in this regard.

The Veo2.0 appears to support scuba/free diving:

"3 Operating Modes: NORM (Air and Nitrox), GAUGE (with run timer) and FREE (tracks calculations to allow switching between NORM and Free)"

VEO 2.0

Well I brought a new Zoop Novo................. what a mistake............ I can hardly press the buttons have to use my thumb as fingers not strong enough, and it hurts if i have to scroll through a menu. After playing with for 5mins i have indents and bruises on my thumb.
The down button is especially bad and only works every third press

Absolutely no chance of pressing them with a glove on :(
thumb1.jpg
thumb2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom