Computer Storage/ Reg Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ingreevox

Registered
Reaction score
I HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE BAG THREADS, BUT NO ONE HAS MENTIONED WHAT THEY KEEP THEIR COMPUTER IN. I ASSUME YOU WOULD USE A PELICAN TYPE CASE FOR IT, SO IT WOULD NOT SUFFER THE SHOCK OF FALLING OR BANGING AROUND THE LUGGAGE.
ASLO REGULATORS. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO TRAVEL THEM? ANOTHER PELICAN CASE?

WHEN I MEAN TRAVEL , I MEAN AIR TRAVEL, LOCAL STUFF IS RUBBERMAID ALL THE WAY! CHEAP AND GOOD!

I AM ALSO PUTTING TOGETHER MY FIRST OCTOPUS, AND I WOULD LIKE ANYONE WITH INSIGHTS TO GIVE ME ANY HINTS OR SUGGESTIONS AS TO THE SET UP. WHERE TO CONNECT HOSES, THE SIDE, ETC

ALL APPRECIATION!
ING--2 WEEKS TO DUTCH SPRINGS

The caps lock key... you should learn how NOT to use it, or at least use it sparingly....

Anyway, I just toss my computer into a small pocket in my softsided bag. the only other thing in that pocket is my compass, Z knife and shears. If I was to "travel" with them, I'd probably just roll it in my hood to give it padding.

As for the regulator, I have a soft sided regulator bag that works fine.

For advice in putting together your first regulator set... it's really a matter of personal preference as well as what type of gear/hoses you will be needing.

If you only have one 1st stage, then it's just a matter of primary and secondary reg should come out of the low pressure ports to the right. BCD should come out of the front low pressure hose to the left, Drysuit inflation hose out of the rear low pressure hose to the left, and SPG/Computer off of the high pressure hose on the left. That would make hose routing logical and straight with no cris-crossing. The HP and LP ports should be marked, and if not, unless you have an ancient 1st stage, should be obvious because they are different sizes.

If you have never assembled a regulator set before, I'd highly reccomend at least testing out your creation in the pool prior to any actual use. It's not rocket science, but you dont' want to be forgetting washers, over-torquing the hoses and cracking the seats, or under-torqueing and having the hoses fall out while you are diving, etc.

I travel with my diving equipment every other month.

I put my computer in a pelican hard case and put the case inside my Aqualung regulator bag with my regulator. I put my logbook in the outside pocket of the regulator bag. I carry the regulator bag on the plane as one of my carry on bags. All of my other dive equipment is in my checked bags.

Have a wonderful trip.

HEY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATIVE POSTS. I AM PROBABLY GONNA DO A HARD CASE FOR THE COMPUTERS THO.
I AM A MUSICIAN, AND TOUR QUITE A BIT, AND HAVE REALIZED YEARS AGO THAT HARD CASES WILL KEEP STUFF IN GOOD SHAPE...AKA MY STUPIDITY AND OTHERS.
THE REG HOSE LAYOUT IS VERY HELPFUL...I NEEDED THAT.

AS FOR THE CAP LOCK AND CAPITAL LETTERS? WELL THATS FOR YOUR BENEFIT NOT MINE.....I TYPE LIKE CRAP, AND THIS KEEPS IT ALL NEAT LOOKING! LOL:D YOU OUGHT TO SEE MY HAND WRITING.:boom:

THANKS AGAIN!
KEEP BREATHING!
ING

hey -

Pelican 1050 - great for any hosless computer or bottom timers.
Small, easy to get into, fits in my reg bag, hold my compass and BT. Love it. eBay - $10 - $13.

K

HEY EASY ON THE DEAF STUFF! LOL
DO OVER 300 SHOWS A YEAR, AND WEAR EARPLUGS ALL THE TIME! LOST ALITTLE BIT OF 6K BUT NOT MUCH, THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS THO!:wink:

Drummer here - I'd talk to you abot being deaf, but all I see are your lips moving...

Heh.. This is amusing, but really, don't use caps lock.

Please :)

Pretty please :)

It's about as annoying as someone who shouts at you instead of talks to you.

Back
Top Bottom