Computer Selection for Upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madmole once bubbled...
$1033 from simply scuba. and I can get you a 5% off voucher if you ask nicely

www.simplyscuba.com

That is a very attractive price, unless you're talking pounds :D

At one time I would have pounced on that, but have decided that b/t and tables are the better way to go with mix.

Besides, if I dive mix with a computer, I'll have to leave Washington to escape Pug :boom:

Thanks for the offer though...

Phil

Nope I converted to dollars. Simply also do good deals on the Vytec and the 5% offer stands to anyone, and on anything from them

Most of my dives have enough variable depth that I'd add 30 mins of deco not using the VR3. and what do you do with tables when the plan changes due to the weather/currents/vis and you dive another site???

madmole once bubbled...
Most of my dives have enough variable depth that I'd add 30 mins of deco not using the VR3. and what do you do with tables when the plan changes due to the weather/currents/vis and you dive another site???

To date I have not had that problem, and yea, the computer would be nice in that type of situation. To answer your question though, I would cut new tables on laptop or Palm that I had with me in event of site change, and have backup/bailout to take care of first situation.

Diving with a "proven, reliable" mix computer would be nice, I have not seen one yet that I would buy. But, I am not at your level of diving, and can do well with what I am using.

Phil

Would like to see a laptop or palm work on the back of a usual UK dive boat. I darn't take my iPAQ. Too much water sloshing everywhere :( and of course its always raining!!!upset:

I have a bunch of DDPlan generated tables and bailouts for variable depths (10-80m) in 5m increments in a pocket, all laminated:

madmole once bubbled...
Would like to see a laptop or palm work on the back of a usual UK dive boat. I darn't take my iPAQ. Too much water sloshing everywhere :( and of course its always raining!!!upset:

Ziplock bag :wink:

We have a rule in the PNW and BC that there can never be waves when we dive. Makes it much more civilized don't ya know. And it never rains in western Washington.

Phil

madmole once bubbled...

At least we have plenty of wrecks here:) (most belong to my dive club Manta divers :wink:

We also have lots of wrecks, mostly on freeways. You can dive them, the vis is terrific (unless its foggy), but the backroll onto the asphalt is tuff on regulators and your head.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom