Computer Nice- and Have-to-Haves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Most liberal" to me equates to "best chance of getting bent". I fail to see that as an asset my self . . . .

- Tim

In that case, you will want to stay with tables and avoid all computers. Better yet, go with golf and just pass up the holes with water hazards.

I'm also a fan of Oceanic type computers.

New diver? Always keep it in the green. If it gets close to yellow,time to ascend
More experienced? Push it up to NDLs but be sure to do long safety stops. It's my practice to always surface in the green.
Light deco? Can be used if you know what you are doing.

They have a Buhlman algorithm. i.e no deep stops. But who needs a computer to tell you where (or if) to do a deep stop?

And how many people have been "bent" on these most liberal computers?

All I can say to your question is "very likely more than with the less liberal computers". And to me, one is too many, I'll give up the three minutes gladly . . .

My point is that to automatically equate "more liberal" with "better" is much like playing Russian Roulette . . . It only works to a point . . . And there are a heck of a lot of other factors that would make me pick one over the other far before that . . .

- Tim

In that case, you will want to stay with tables and avoid all computers. Better yet, go with golf and just pass up the holes with water hazards.

I trained on US Navy Air tables initially. They give you a *LOT* more time that most any computer I have seen . . . . unless your depth is variable, and then the computer rules.

- Tim

Hint: long safety stops. :D

Best way to not get bent is not dive.

To me the best way to not get bent is don't do anything stupid . . . like push any limits . . .

- Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom