Computer advice!?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait if you possible can. I wasn't paying attention to the timing and bought my husband his Suunto Vyper about 2 weeks before the Cobra's were released!

My only comparison is Beast's Cobra and my Data Max Pro Plus. The Cobra is more conservative but not much. I really like the way it counts down your safety stop for you, my DMPP doesn't. I'll look at my watch and make a mental note that I can go up at a certain time but then I get to looking around, playing with salps and talking to the baraccuda's and first thing you know, I can't remember that time I noted so I have to start over! Beast's Cobra has it right there in front of him!

I like my DMPP better for setting the EAN. I can change mine with 4 button pushes, the Cobra takes about 12!

Either one would be a good choice.

Thanks for the comparison on the two computers.

I agree that the DMPP is a nice computer. Both my sister and cousin who were recently certefied went with the DMPP and that's what got me thinking about upgrading some of my equipment.

So for now I guess I will be waiting for Mario to post his report on the Dema show before I run out the door on a shopping spree. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom