Computer advice!?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks very much for the information, that helps alot. I'm almost convinced that I will end up going with the Cobra. As for waiting 14 days for the DEMA show? I don't know if I can wait that long. I just might loose it :bonk: by then. You know how it is when you really need (ok, maybe 'need' is not the right word to use here) a new toy. :D

I want to do my initial course as soon as possible but i cant do that until i find a job unfortuanately. Its not easy finding a job in this particular part of England. As soon as that first wage packet gos into the bank....you know where its going heh :)

:goofy:

Beleive me I know exactly what's it's like to have to wait for a new toy. I'm waiting for one too! As for waiting for Dema though, it's a big event, and I'd hate for there to be something else there from Suunto that is even better and you not have it! It's upto you, I'll let everyone know the scoop regardless.

Mario :D

promise, Mario. Loking foward to your run down on DEMA. Isn't it in New Orleans this year? That's close to me, wish I could slide in. maybe I'll give the shop owner a call, I'd be willing to bet he isn't going, maybe I could pass as him.:)

Hi there

The Cobra might be conservative but I used to have a Scubapro DC11. That severly constrigted my diving due to conservatism. The Cobra dosn't do that even though I've set the personal level to 1 (=medium) as I'm not in to good a shape.

The ascend rate has never been a problem. If you go a little to fast it might put in a cumpulsory safety stop. But you are going to do that anyway?. Looking at my downloaded profiles there are no problems.

The comming weekend I'm going to take the basic Nitrox course so I'll finally get to use that part of the computer.

And by the way I know it is hard to waite for new toys :). I just brought a handspring last friday and spend some time playing around.

DSAO

DameDykker

DameDykker, I'm sure you'll be very happy with the Nitrox mode of the computer, I find it to be just as easy to use as normoxic air.

Warhammer, you can attend Dema without being affiliated with the store. You can pick up a regular day pass and enjoy Dema. We were planning on getting together for a group photo for anyone planning on being there from these boards.

By the way I just put together my new P.C., I'm going to wait till tomorrow to trouble shoot a problem I'm having though, I'm a little too edgy to deal with it now! LOL!

Oh and nice job catching my error in words before. I received a couple of private e-mails regarding it... hehe!

Mario :D

Really? I was under the impression that it was "dive professionals only". So it is in New Orleans? Where can I find more info on it? I just might make the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom