Computer advice!?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro lost :)...they where deemed to have maid false statememnts or something along those lines. You dont see the prices i quoted? thats because my quotes came by e-mail.
if you dont beleive me you dont believe me it makes no diffrence to me.

If you use a good search engine you can find anything:

http://www.asa.org.uk/adj/adj_5007.htm

You didnt see the S600 reg for 250 pounds with mk20 first stage? If you want good prices Bill you have to play each store against another store and so on. Bristol also do the quattro fins at 65pounds ...im just sying if you look you will usually find thats all. As for warrantees yeh i know what you mean, you just have to be carefull.

Hi LoCz:

I guess I'm confused. I believe you about the prices you quoted. I saw the price for the regulator on Bristol Scuba's website, but I thought that you had posted the link to the website to show one of the places where low prices for the computers you mentioned was "plastered allover the net". I didn't know that they were plastered by email. Sorry, my mistake.

As far as the link that you posted for the UK's Advertising Standards Authority, I'm no authority in international law, but it looks to me like an arbitration board ruled on how Scubapro/Uwatec should advertise in the UK. The ASA seems to be limited to the UK and doesn't seem to have any authority on how Scubapro enforces their warranty restrictions in the UK and certainly not worldwide. You did say you were trying to leave England "for good" didn't you? Let's hope wherever you end up has warranty regulations like the UK.

Now, to assume your attitude (after I've spent a good part of the day trying to help you make an informed decision)- You don't want to listen to my advice, then don't listen to my advice. It makes no difference to me. Maybe someone else will come along and tell you what you want to hear. Good luck.

Merry Christmas LoCz,

Bill

No no no i appreciate your advice definately and im gratefull for it dont get me wrong. its just that you came across as not believing the prices i had stated about the computers.

http://www.simplyscuba.com/cgi-binq/web_store.cgi

lol sorry its a huge link : / But you seemed intrested so here you are. This is just one of many selling aladin pro ultras at this price.

Hmm as far as the ASA issue gos im not sure what your trying to say. You said that "they", as in bristol scuba, didnt mention where to find the info, so i gave you a link.

Merry Christmas to you too Bill, have a good one and thx for your help.

:)

Yeh it probably is cheaper but we're talking about United Kingdom prices.

The Cobra it is then...

Merry Christmas

Hi LoZC

I have a Cobra and some 180 dives. I love it it is easy to download. You can see the profile on the last dive without the PC. Everything (elevation, personal profile and nitrox details) can be entered directly on the computer it also does gauge mode!. It is hose mounted but a disconnect is somewhere on the market. And the backlight is super for night dives interval of you choise. When are you starting your courses?

DOAS

DameDykker

Hi DameDykker,

I liked what you had to say about the Cobra. this is a computer that I been looking at getting for about a month now. The only thing that has held me back is that I heard it is a very conservative computer. Have you had a chance to compare it to other computers and does it make that much of a difference?

I have a bunch of computer's in my garage, and regularly choose to use the Cobra. It's flawless, not as conservative as you might be led to beleive, and even if it was, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Go with the Cobra, just don't forget to get the optional compass added on.

Though I do have to admit that DEMA is in a couple of weeks and there is almost always a surprise or two there. If I were you I'd wait a couple of more weeks and read the write up's. I'll be there and plan to evaluate quite a few products. You'll read all about it here!

Mario :D

I've 95% made up my mind to purchase the Cobra as well. And I have a question for you, DameDykker. How bad is the ascent indicator's sensitivity. I here it can be a nuisance, being too sensitive.

Triton, here is the Cobra's NDLs as per the manual, when set in it's least conservative setting:
  • 120min @ 40'
  • 69min @ 50'
  • 50min @ 60'
  • 36min @ 70'
  • 28min @ 80'
  • 22min @ 90'
  • 17min @ 100'
  • 13min @ 110'
  • 10min @ 120
  • 9min @ 130'
  • 7min @ 140'
  • 6min @ 150'

But it does get more conservative on repetitive dives and it pentalizes you if you miss safety stops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom