Compressor price goes up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for the exchange rate affecting the price of the imported compressors, does this imply that Mako's that are made in the USA (I believe) are likely to become the most competitively priced?

I'm fairly sure that Mako repackages the Compair block. I heard that Mako is now part of or owned by that company.

Pesky's right. Mako has never really been a truly "American" company in that they have bought their compressors from several companies over the years. When they were at their best, they used the Bauer blocks. I am not sure but have been told that they are using Bristol now. They do a beautiful job of re-packaging, though!

Well that makes sense then. For some reason I had it in my head that Compair also made blocks in the USA.

The newsletter was refferring to our compresssor oil prices not the compressors.....

In other news the prices of the COMPRESSORS has been hit hard by the Euro also and those prices went up. We went about 3 years with no price increases, we kept absorbing the Euro but then it has really taken a beating lately and we were forced to raise those prices.

Thanks to a recent outrageous oil price and an inflation of consumers' price, the scuba and compressor price seem to go up soon:(

Once one company jacks up the price, it used to affect to other competitors.

Check out this for Alkin Compressor deal. I am not affiliated with Alkin at all...:mooner:

The "good" part about all this is that it's no longer cheaper to ship iron ore from "somewhere far away", turn it into steel "somewhere else far away" and ship it to the US. So the US steel mills are looking like they might start reopening and making jobs.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom