compressed neoprene drysuit gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anybody have any opinions, pro or con, on compressed neoprene drysuit gloves?

I'm on the verge of purchasing my first drysuit and will be going with some sort of dry glove. I can't get a good seal at the wrist--I've tried three different size seals with no luck.

I realize the compressed neoprene gloves would be more durable than the blue/orange rubbery type gloves, but I was wondering about dexterity and comfort.

I have the DUI compressed neoprene gloves. I hate them, and I almost never use them. I'll probably eventually get some smerf gloves, but for now I just use wet gloves.

The problem, as you guessed is lack of dexterity.

My drysuit gloves were actually made for coldwater kayaking, seem to be made of compressed neoprene, and are about 2mm thick. I can't cope with anything thicker - I bought some standard 5mm neoprene gloves and discarded them after one dive. Couldn't feel a thing. I've used my 2mm gloves in very cold water (28f) and always found them adequate. I tried drygloves once and hated them. Mind you, as I've done well over 2000 dives with these gloves they are almost one large patch, and the time will come soon when I have to replace them. I'll probably go off to another kayaking shop, because I've never seen gloves made for diving that I like.

Back
Top Bottom