Complete set-up---Opinions?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northcoast_diver:
I like the Zeagle B/Cs. You get to choose between a velcrow cumberbun or else belt buckle(s). I went with the belt buckles instead of the cumberbun. The buckles make it more secure, similar to a harness, but without the unnecessary backplate of a harness.

I know the Brigade has the velcro cumberbun with a buckle over it. Just checked the Zeagle web site and almost all have both.
If you wanted to you could take either the cumberbun or the buckle off and dive with one. I have actually not buckled the buckle and dove with the velcro only but prefere to use both.

Not trying to hijack this thread but does anybody know what the velcro inside the yellow Zeagle weight pouches is for?

crpntr133:
Not trying to hijack this thread but does anybody know what the velcro inside the yellow Zeagle weight pouches is for?

I am guessing that the velcro inside is to secure the weight bag(s) into place, for warm water diving, whey you only have 5 to 7 lbs of lead in each pouch.

However, for warm water diving, I normally wear a weight belt, since it would only have 10 to 14 lbs on it, which does not need to be integrated or split up, and a belt is easier to ditch, if I need to ditch it.

Having the weight belt along, for warm water diving, allows me to freedive later as well, even though the integrated B/Cs do not require you to have a weight belt along.

crpntr133:
LeFlaneur, you did remeber the yellow Zeagle weight bags didn't you?

No I did not...
I was aware of them, the fellow (not Larry) with whom I spoke did not seem to feel it was a serious issue not to have them... made it easier is all.

Perhaps you can explain the necessity to me. I am 90% ready to make another purchase from scubatoys in the near future and can ask them to throw in the pouches this time around.

The bc is probably waiting for me at home now... maybe I should leave work and stop posting.

crpntr133:
If you wanted to you could take either the cumberbun or the buckle off and dive with one.

I have a Ranger, and just checked my harness. The shoulder strap is connected to the cumberbun. So it is an essential part of the BC, and cannot be removed. You can move the comberbun forward and back to give you more or less room around the waist, but removing the cumberbun would render the BC not usable.

northcoast_diver:
The multiple waist buckles (without the cumberbun) make it more secure, similar to a harness, but without the unnecessary backplate of a harness.

Replacing the cumberbun with another multiple buckle set-up that the shoulder straps connects to makes sense. Is this the case? I haven't seen these at all, and didn't see it on Zeagle's site.

LeFlaneur:
No I did not...
I was aware of them, the fellow (not Larry) with whom I spoke did not seem to feel it was a serious issue not to have them... made it easier is all.

Perhaps you can explain the necessity to me. I am 90% ready to make another purchase from scubatoys in the near future and can ask them to throw in the pouches this time around.

The weight bags are what you put your weight in for the rip cord system. They aren't required but if you find a boat op that says that you have to hand up your weights it will make life easier. For the $20 I bought them. I originally zip tied my weights together and put them in the BC "rip cord pocket". Keep in mind that I am using 22lbs.

As for the velcro, after a bit of playing I think that northcoast_diver is right. It would keep the weight from shifting in the bag. Not really sure that this is important but nice to know.

ae3753:
I have a Ranger, and just checked my harness. The shoulder strap is connected to the cumberbun. So it is an essential part of the BC, and cannot be removed. You can move the comberbun forward and back to give you more or less room around the waist, but removing the cumberbun would render the BC not usable.

Ops, that is true. And the buckle is sewed into the BC so that isn't coming off without cutting it.

Looks like LeFlaneur might be sick tomorrow and not show up for work. All I can say is DIVE, DIVE , DIVE.

crpntr133:
The weight bags are what you put your weight in for the rip cord system. They aren't required but ....

Looks like LeFlaneur might be sick tomorrow and not show up for work. All I can say is DIVE, DIVE , DIVE.

The BC still hasn't shown up, thanks to UPS and their inabilty to make a delivery after 3:00PM when someone can actually be there to meet them.

BUT...I was in a shop that stocked the Ranger and took a look the rip-cord system. It was obvious that those weight bags will make life a lot easier... so I bought them on the spot.

Oh yes the sinature required thing by UPS. Or is that the knock and run? They knock and then run before you can get to the door. Now you know why I like Fed Ex, they will even put packages on my back porch.

I think that the pouches are a good decision. Also pulling the rip cord handle and rethread it before you need to is also a good idea. It isn't hard, just take a good look at it.

I'd definately get the second computer. I'd want a console with one if I had the money or could scrounge it. A console, in my opinion, is a must if you are getting a computer so that you can back up your data to check its correct or if your computer runs out of battery.

crpntr133 wrote:

"Not trying to hijack this thread but does anybody know what the velcro inside the yellow Zeagle weight pouches is for?"

. . . to help in the arrangement and positioning of the weight bags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom