First Set of Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is only a suggestion, go to your dive shop or a another dive shop that sells a range of equipement from Tec to rec or vice versa. Try on a bc, and try on a BP/W ALL THESE FACTORS ARE GOING TO PLAY INTO YOU HAVING 1 ITEM OR MULTIPLE ITEMS. i wish i had done that now 3bc's later and aone bp/w which i love for my sinlges and getting my double one this week. Does the shop have a pool to try on the gear? that is also a major help, How much $ do you have budgeted to spend on gear. Are you diving in Cold water a lot ? or some of the time. With all these things in mind, chooising your gear will be a lot easier now. :D

KD,

Thanks for the response. Having spent some time trying out gear in the shops and considering options, I found the following and intend to purchase:

Aeris "Super Deal" Package, Mens

And will be sticking with the Bare 7mm wetsuit.

Bare 7/6 Velocity Full Men's, Royal

Most all of my diving will indeed be Cold Water, though Turks and Caicos is in the near future. This setup is identical to what I did my OW Cert in and it was a great setup. I know what it all feels like, how it performs, and Aeris appears to be good quality. My LDS services Aeris so I am also covered there.

Thanks to all for the assistance in this adventure.

Oh, found a couple of Steel 100cu tanks, current Hydro (2/2010), on Craigslist for $150 for the pair. Those I dont mind buying used, but will have them VIP'd before I use them even though they are current.

Again, Thanks all for the suggestions/comments.

KD,

Thanks for the response. Having spent some time trying out gear in the shops and considering options, I found the following and intend to purchase:

Aeris "Super Deal" Package, Mens

And will be sticking with the Bare 7mm wetsuit.

Bare 7/6 Velocity Full Men's, Royal

Most all of my diving will indeed be Cold Water, though Turks and Caicos is in the near future. This setup is identical to what I did my OW Cert in and it was a great setup. I know what it all feels like, how it performs, and Aeris appears to be good quality. My LDS services Aeris so I am also covered there.

Thanks to all for the assistance in this adventure.

Oh, found a couple of Steel 100cu tanks, current Hydro (2/2010), on Craigslist for $150 for the pair. Those I dont mind buying used, but will have them VIP'd before I use them even though they are current.

Again, Thanks all for the suggestions/comments.

Ok I guess I have one more question on this. I talked to the guys over at Scubatoys.com and they are able to do the setup I mentioned for $999.99 does that seem like a good price for the package?

Thanks in advance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom