Compass - rec'd on one to purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't really know if bungee was ever included, maybe he just threw in a bit for me. But you'll use bungee all the time so might as well order a few feet, or best deal is to go in with some friends and get a 50' roll.

The retractor works great and I find it easier to hold than when placed on my wrist.

If your model has a side window then I agree completely. When I'm playing "cat and mouse" at Willow (no need to post on this) I can hold a steadier heading with this style of compass. -Don't know why...

who is Tobin? How do I get in contact with him? does he work for DSS? Now this might be a very DUMB question, but for the sake of saving money do you think I could just purchase one compass and not get one for my husband? Or do you think it's necessary for both divers, even if we are buddies, to have their own? I'm sure it's better for safety and to double check our heading, etc, but thoughts only having the one?

who is Tobin? How do I get in contact with him? does he work for DSS? Now this might be a very DUMB question, but for the sake of saving money do you think I could just purchase one compass and not get one for my husband? Or do you think it's necessary for both divers, even if we are buddies, to have their own? I'm sure it's better for safety and to double check our heading, etc, but thoughts only having the one?

The safe answer is for each person to have their own. Makes it easier for you to switch turns navigating and serves as a backup on trips if one gets lost or broken. And of course buddies sometimes get separated.

On the other hand, it's not one of the more crucial items to duplicate. You will normally navigate as a team, and if you become separated you should search for a minute and then surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom