Compass hard to read on Smart Com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear you got it working.
I just noticed that you are from sydney.My wife is from there and we should hopefully be heading that way to next year to visit her family.Ill have to look you up so you can take me on good aussie dives.Take it easy and dive safe!!

GrantCarr once bubbled...
The only issue (and one that I think cannot be easily fixed without a cage) is that when entering and exiting the water the SmartCom was facing outward. This has the potential to get scratched up in the surf.

I may try to attach some bungy cord around the SmartCom (using the whole in the back as an anchor) so I can clip the retractor to the front....

Will let you know how I go :)

Grant

I got a few scratches already (;-0 )and I'm trying to figure out a better way to protect my cover too.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

I know that cover is supposed to be a replaceable face protector. Anybody have any idea of how much a replacement costs? If it's relatively inexpensive, then I won't obsess over it too much.

For those of you who think the compass is useless, I need one. I have an Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox in a 3-guage console and I need a Scubapro compass for it. The LS-1 and LS-2 compasses that are readily available don't fit. Their base is too small at 1-3/4 inches. I need the Smartcom compass with a 2"base. Anyone interested in selling theirs?

Back
Top Bottom