Compass For Navigation info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course you can also go to any auto parts chain (and some car washes(G) and for $2.99 buy one of those marble-sized ball compasses. Hey, they work. They don't care about tilt because they are balls, not floating on pivot needles. And being welded plastic spheres, they're really quite pressure-proof.

For telling "North" versus a couple of other directions, they're just too damned dumb and rugged to be bothered by minor problems like where they are being used.

diy attack board 2.JPG
I built this nav board works great

Abnfrog, that is a serious setup for Navigating but I thought you would need a section of white slate for writing down headings, notes. I saw simple version of a tiny compass glued down to a dive slate, but not sure how useful for mapping or searching.

on the back is the slate........the one with the compass glued on is a waste of money the gimbal jams very easy ..that's the most import part of a compass is the gimbal and how easy it is to jam

Attachments

• seal attack board 3.JPG
    seal attack board 3.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 89
that compass I used is the same one as the restricted seal attack board . its been down over 150 feet no leaks (the company wouldn't sell me the "seal one " but would sell the civilian one to me ) the military restricted one is black I got the civilian one .....blue ..................yeah I know

Back
Top Bottom