COMMUNICATION: Bali and Misool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantaraye

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I leave for Indonesia in a week. I will fly in to Jakarta, spend 2 days in Bali and the rest of my time in Misool. I have a long layover in Jakarta and then Tokyo on the way back. I need to be able to communicate to the United States but I have the following issues

1) My iPhone 5 is cannot be unlocked, so I cannot add a SIM card.

2) The people I need to stay in touch with do no Skype.

3) From what I have heard, there is no phone service at Misool.

If you have stayed at Misool, what is the internet like? Is it super slow?

My second question - for my short time in Bali, should I purchase a cheap phone to make calls badk to the US?

Many Thanks!

Hi
i would suggest ask a friend many people have old phones they can lend or give you. where you can swap SIM cards , and can unlock yourself if locked see google or take to shop and they do for like $10 . You can buy a phone get very old style for like $10-$20 also ?
Or
You can put credit on your Skype account and phone there normal phone number mobile or landline pretty cheaply that means you only need a internet connection (wifi) see Skype for call rates worldwide .
skype doesn't mean you have to call Skype ,I often call my bank from overseas or friends who don't have Skype.

otherwise have to use hotel phone and that will cost a lot .

Hope me that helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom