Question Advice Needed: Raja Ampat Itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi! I will be going to RA for the first time October of this year (stoked!!).
- WK1: papau explorers
- WK2: Soul Scuba on Kri island
- WK3: tbc
- Wk4: tbc

After soul scuba, I could take the 10D9N Epica liveaboard to misool (itinerary here: https://www.scuba-republic.com/epica-itinerary-10d9n-southern-showdown)… is it worth it? Will Misool be that different than the other sites I’ll have already done for two weeks in RA?

I have the luxury of a full four weeks (of diving - the time to fly to and from Indonesia back to canada is separate). I have a preference for big stuff and ‘exciting’ dives. My favourite places in the world that I’ve been are Palau and Komodo island. Knowing that, what should I do with the extra 2 weeks… stay in RA, get to misool and maximize the effort it took to get there, or switch it up to something else in SA Asia for the other two weeks? If so, what would you recommend?

Thx a ton…

The diving between Papua Explorers and Soul will be similar, largely the same sites anyways.

I've never been to misool, but if you can afford it, I would certainly go; different enough both above and below the water, and chances for oceanic mantas.

You could also consider Raja4divers which is further west and would give you a bit of variety from the central damper sites (though I think most exciting dives are probably central damper anyways , but there are colorful/wonderful reefs further west)

4 weeks, lucky you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom