Trip Report Diving in Misool, Raja Ampat, Indonesia in October 2022 - 4K HDR Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your comments. There was no luck with mantas. For some reason, they did not take us to the manta cleaning station. We sailed with Akomo Isseki liveaboard. I could not recommend this liveaboard. They are 2 stars at best (no AC, no washrooms in cabins, etc.).
Wow you were brave to do a crossing on a boat with that level of amenities....

We sailed with Akomo Isseki liveaboard. I could not recommend this liveaboard. They are 2 stars at best (no AC, no washrooms in cabins, etc.).
Sorry to hear that. At what point did you learn of the spartan amenity situation? I ask because some people may seek out such offerings if they save a big chunk of money vs. more mid. range and higher end alternatives. Do you think the price was reasonable in light of the limited amenities?

Richard.

Sorry to hear that. At what point did you learn of the spartan amenity situation? I ask because some people may seek out such offerings if they save a big chunk of money vs. more mid. range and higher end alternatives. Do you think the price was reasonable in light of the limited amenities?

Richard.
I was wondering the same thing.

From a site advertising the boat:

1672771094566.png

Thanks for letting people know. I get that there are different budgetary niches regarding price and amenity levels, and potential customers should know what those are going in, before any commitment or exchange of money.

Richard.

Wow great video!
Sorry to hear about the boat, but glad to see you had a great time anyway.
I just came back from a 8 day trip sailing central and south and we had no luck with the oceanic mantas at Magic Mountain too. I don't really understand the hype on that one, but maybe it's one of those where when it's good it's really really good sites.
I'm surprised to see the visibility was so murky in Oct too - was around the same or worst when I went at end of Dec - I wonder if it's always like that or if there's a month when it's better.

Wow great video!
Sorry to hear about the boat, but glad to see you had a great time anyway.
I just came back from a 8 day trip sailing central and south and we had no luck with the oceanic mantas at Magic Mountain too. I don't really understand the hype on that one, but maybe it's one of those where when it's good it's really really good sites.
I'm surprised to see the visibility was so murky in Oct too - was around the same or worst when I went at end of Dec - I wonder if it's always like that or if there's a month when it's better.
I've never been to RA in October or November, only in December, January and February. During Dec-Feb visibility was good but not great. I've been told that the best visibility in Dampier Strait is in September - October, but this year was not typical.

From my very limited experience at MM (all of 2 dives) ...when is good it's friggen EPIC!! Still ranks in possibly top 10 dives I've ever done...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom