Common Practice??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused:

...so is that what happens in Norway?

Thalassamania:
Be as sure as you want, your wrong on several counts.

No one has to explain anything to the police unless they suspect foul play and then, in point of fact, the suspect only have to explain it to a Grand Jury unless the suspect chooses to stand behind his or her Fifth Amendment right to not incriminate them self. That's the way it works in the USA.
Im pretty sure ive been involved in more criminal cases and unexpected deaths in Norway than both you and catherine added up.. Which part of "here" is hard to understand?

Tigerman:
Im pretty sure ive been involved in more criminal cases and unexpected deaths in Norway than both you and catherine added up.. Which part of "here" is hard to understand?
And vice versa ... what's your point?

you really are not plugged in to reality about what happens here.

I have enough experience to see that. ....Tiger

I never stated that the SOP in hawaii was to question witnesses in an unexpected death case. I said it was HERE.

And yeah, if the buddy of a dead diver is NOT being questioned id say that is doing a HORRIBLY bad job as it would probably be the only one who could shed light on the chain of event that led up to the tragic outcome..

oh...okay then , big misunderstanding.

so...what is that you do that has you seeing more dead divers than Thall and I put together, btw?

cause we are OLD.

just curious, are you an investigator or something? even so, how much can you have seen at 28, realistically? I'm not trying to be smart, I am just a curious type.

And yeah, if the buddy of a dead diver is NOT being questioned

well, now asking me questions is one thing...they can ASK anything they want. And then I can decide what/ how much I want to say. And under no circumstances does their opinion or desire to ask me questions mean that I am culpable if a diver is not certified. Like I said...it's not illegal for him to dive in the first place, so why would it be illegal for me to have knowledge of that?

and the law doesn't even dictate that I call PADI or DAN, GUE or GI, AG, JJ-- nadie-- if you can believe that.--we don't call it the *land of the free* for nothin.

Me, I do my best to keep it that way, even if at times it makes me seem obnoxious.

FFS! did you miss "in Norway"???

Yeah, you ARE trying to be smart and youre not being very good at it.
I also said "criminal cases and unexpected deaths" not "dead divers"..
However, if im a diver, skydiver, innocently walking down the street and being stabbed and I end up as a corpse, people tend to want to investigate why I got dead and part of that would be questioning the witnesses and whoever was with me..

And before you even THINK about it - questioning someone is NOT the same as them being suspected to comitt a crime..

well, why would I care if they question me?

in the OP's HAWAII

so...what's your job in Norway. generically?

(or is it being a big spook, and you can't say?) "Norwegian Suspicious Scuba Investigator In Charge?"

lol...

Come on, tell us, we are dying to know. cause if you've seen more than Thall, well, I want to be impressed and more respectful when you post.

I have NEVER claimed ive seen more than Thall have overall, ive said that im quite sure I have seen more than Thall have IN NORWAY!
You keep twisting words and Im tired of correcting your misinterpretations, so Ill be leaving you to your trolling now.

And since youre so curious, Ive served in the military and held crime-related jobs mostly. Happy, or do you need a CV as well?

Edit: And yes, the nature of some of my assignments has put me at accident scenes as well..

Tigerman:
I have NEVER claimed ive seen more than Thall have overall, ive said that im quite sure I have seen more than Thall have IN NORWAY!
I guarantee that if seen one in Norway that's more that I have.
Happy, everyone's happy. See ... big grin! :D

BTW: I've seen lots of pictures of dead divers, but not a whole lot of bodies, at least since I stopped working at the County Morgue (one of my more interesting college gigs).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom